Portola Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company developing product candidates that could significantly advance the fields of thrombosis and other hematologic diseases. The Company’s first medicine Bevyxxa® (betrixaban), an oral, once-daily Factor Xa inhibitor, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in June 2017. The company is also working to advance two clinical programs for AndexXa® (andexanet alfa), a recombinant protein designed to reverse the anticoagulant effect in patients treated with an oral or injectable Factor Xa inhibitor; and cerdulatinib, a SYK/JAK inhibitor in development to treat hematologic cancers. Portola's partnered program is focused on developing selective SYK inhibitors for inflammatory conditions.
The Training Development Specialist is responsible for identifying, designing, and supporting training solutions that transfer knowledge to all staff levels across the organization. The Training Development Specialist will collaborate with stakeholders to leverage instructional design techniques to create, manage training programs and provides administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) administration by supporting the day to day activities and maintenance. This position provides opportunity for growth and cross functional acquisition of industry experience and knowledge.
- Create and facilitate training programs across Portola
- Manage assigned training programs including development, deployment, ongoing maintenance and support
- Leverage consulting skills to evaluate need for training solutions
- Identify, prepare and collaborate with trainers/SME across Portola to identify and leverage best practices.
- Provide feedback on the training programs to appropriate staff about areas for improvements.
- Maintain communications with trainer/SME to coordinators to determine learning eventdates and logistics
- Create and manage the masterschedule of GxP learning events
- Re-evaluate trainings based on feedback
- Remain current of the training industry to provide stakeholders with learning leadership, being fully aware of the most current learning trends, and tools available
- Administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) – Day to day and Support upgrades
- Ability to collaborate effectively with clients and partners, work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning theory, adult learning and instructional design
- Ability to leverage Learning Management System (LMS) to support business needs
- 5-10 years’ experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Background in Instructional Design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Performance consulting experience
- Experience with training delivery methods in a GxP environment highly preferred
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS)
- Ability to identify gaps in LMS systems, and recommend solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Camtasia, and Captivate