Abbott Point of Care develops, manufactures and markets critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis. The i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers.
Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing education aligned to business goals to maximize commercial effectiveness/execution within Abbott Point of Care’s Outpatient Sales team. This position will be focused on the continuous improvement and development of commercial knowledge, skill, and ability necessary to achieve and exceed success measures.
- Achievement of Sales Force Effectiveness/CommercialEducation Manager objectives, goals, strategies and measures.
- Identification, ownership and implementation of education initiatives, products, and programs, for both new hires and established commercial sales team members.
- Lead educational Area and Regional sessions (in-person and virtual) to support commercial strategy
- Provide coaching and mentoring of new hires and high-potential individuals
- Be advocates and provide training support and pull through for key marketing initiatives aligned to business goals
- Lead high impact programs aligned to the development of Abbott’s Commercial team
- Field travel with sales representatives, both new and tenured, to accelerate productivity and identify and remediate knowledge/skill gaps
- Own the on-boarding process for new hires
- Be effective at planning, developing and executing comprehensive learning plans, including multiple media and learning modalities.
- Ability to plan, create, organize and facilitate training, education, and development classes.
- Ability to plan large training events, both in-class and virtual.
- Ability to work effectively and exercise influence across functions, particularly with sales and marketing leadership.
- Knowledge and expertise of the Abbott Point of Care portfolio of products, services and systems.
- Must learn and adhere to the Abbott Point of Care Advertising and Promotion Process and all other assigned policies and procedures.
- Committed to improving their own expertise in the Learning and Development field.
- Ability to define and identify measures of success.
- Accountable for achieving annual goals.
- BS/BA Degree in business or science-related field to reflect educational level of customers being called on.
- Minimum of 5 years as a sales representative in the healthcare and/or diagnostics/point of care industry.
- Outpatient sales experience a must, as is experience with distributor sales.
- History of sales success and career progression.
- Experience working across internal functions and history of demonstrating problem-solving ability.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and class facilitation skills are a must.
- Proficiency and experience leading in a classroom setting and in computer applications necessary to the job (i.e., PowerPoint, Adobe, Word, Excel).
- Must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time domestically.