At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
This specialist role is responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of learning and development solutions. This position will involve corporate, departmental and new hire assignments that will require superior instructional design skills, creativity, and innovative ways to produce effective strategies and solutions that meet the objectives of the requestors to support increased productivity in the technical support arena.
- Responsible for the development of training strategies for all product introductions as part of product development life cycle.
- Perform all phases of instructional design including needs analysis, research, design, developing, assessments, evaluation methods and publish to various formats while considering Adult Learning Principles.
- Identify existing knowledge and skills for each of the operational groups by conducting needs assessments and recommending appropriate training concepts, instructional goals, methodology and mediums based on specific group/channel objectives.
- Liaises with the Centre of Excellence, Customer Solutions, and affiliate teams to learn processes and procedures, to develop training plans and acquire supplemental information required to support the training strategy and meet the objectives of new initiatives.
- Liaises with Marketing, Sales Effectiveness, Technical Operations, Sales Operations, Centre of Excellence to meet common corporate KPIs, goals and objectives.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop content into performance-based, engaging learning for in-class, eLearning environments, and blended approach.
- Facilitate training for new product introductions and new hires using various mediums incorporating hand-on exercises and scenarios as applicable.
- Manage the execution of training plans/strategies, train the trainer sessions, design of intraweb content and communications, logistics and processes ensuring that the sales and technical objectives are met.
- Create and align online assessments with learning objectives, linking the assessment results to measures of competence and business outcomes. Evaluation and measurement of learners and Training design will be necessary.
- Perform analysis and feedback for successes, opportunities, lessons learned and recommendations for future sessions.
- Coordinate vendor training as part of a new product introduction, technical and sales process changes, procedure updates, in TTT format or delivery.
- Conducts post training support activities once training is complete to measure the set objectives (side by sides, observations, call listening etc)
- Actively researches new training development and facilitation methods to ensure that as a department we evolve.
- Ability to speak effectively and lead audience-participation dialogues via in-class training, presentations, focus groups and workshops.
- Responsible to review and provide feedback on training material development and training facilitation in order to improve quality, readability and consistency.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
- College Diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience in Instructional Design or Adult Education.
- Certification in process/technical documentation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the communications industry, with a strong knowledge of the telecommunications industry, and regulatory standards.
- 5-7 years of instructional design experience in sales/ technical and process driven environments.
- 2-3 years of experience designing and developing e-learning solutions and blended learning techniques
- 2-3 years of call centre experience is an asset.
- Superior writing skills to create concise, creative, and effective training content.
- Experienced using classroom, virtual and web-based instructional design methods
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice applications ie. Google Sheets, Slides, Docs or Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency in Captivate, Articulate, Google classroom, for eLearning development for delivery of remote learning
- Multi-media authoring and productions skills is an asset
- Able to quickly learn and analyze technical information to create and design training solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Contact Centre Applications and workflow for both technical and sales agents.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral & written), organizational, time management, and group facilitation skills.
- Detail oriented with and the ability to assess impact of decisions.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to establish professional working relationships with departmental staff, management, suppliers and customers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently. Monitors own work for quality.
- Adaptable and able to work with conflicting priorities, deadlines, and changing workflows in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to following and encouraging safe work practices.
You’ll benefit from:
- Flexibility: yes, we think that what you do matters. At work and at home.
- Fun: we laugh a lot, it makes every day brighter.
- Discounted services: we provide amazing services to our clients, and you’ll get them at home, because you deserve them.
- Rewarding Pay: let’s be honest, everybody likes to make a good salary. We offer attractive compensation packages, and it comes with a great culture.
- Benefits: we’ve got you covered.
- Career Evolution: join us and we will give you the tools to achieve your career goals!
- Technology: you have a passion for technology? Excellent, we do too. Here, you will manage, influence, play, create, fix, and shape the industry.
Diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflect the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.