General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Training Developer and Instructor in our Product Life Cycle Sustainment (PLCS) Products group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops and coordinates curriculum; conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Develops training plans and schedules; develops course content; determines methodology; and coordinates the development of training aids.
- Develops, modifies and administers student examinations; continuously revises lesson plans to meet new training requirements and to keep technical information up to date.
- Develops databases to maintain certification records on trained personnel.
- Coordinates training program with customer and/or contractor personnel; standardizes user training with technical manuals, and other aspects of integrated logistics support.
- May represent the organization as an external spokesperson on major matters pertaining to policy, plans and objectives.
- May instruct, use trainers with expertise; may participate in the selection, development, and training of contract and subcontract staff.
- Provides leadership and direction to subordinate staff as required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree and ten or more years’ experience designing, developing, modifying and administering technical training.
- Must have an extensive understanding of division/subsidiary/affiliate product(s) and the ability to read, analyze, interpret, understand, and integrate technical writing source material into training curriculum.
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate multiple work phases and work groups; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level; and have experience demonstrating a broad application of training practices, concepts, techniques and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of moderately complex problems.
- Aviation Safety training, qualifications and experience are a plus.
- Gray Eagle/Gray Eagle Extended Range systems experienced 15E Unmanned Aircraft Systems Repairer MOS or Field Service Representative (FSR) with Mobile Ground Control Station (MGCS) and Universal GCS (UGCS) expertise are a plus.
- Army instructorqualifications and instructorexperience are a plus.
- Powerplant - Engine run qualifications, experience and experience instructing, qualifying and documenting new engine run mechanics are a plus.
- GCS experience is a plus to include: GCS Emplace and Displace; GCS Power-Up & Power-Down; GCS Configuration Tasks to include - Shelf Manager, Processor Blade, Switch Blade, Firewall, Network Switch; GCS Operational Checks to include - Blue Force Tracker, Link 16, GCS Fault Isolation and GCS Preventative Maintenance Inspection.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentations skills to accurately instruct and train, document and report findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate or FAA Powerplant-Mechanic Certificate is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide customers, trainees, senior managers and employees.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance is required.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- The ability to work independently or lead a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 21802BR