Role : Training Coordinator (Grants Management Systems)
Location : Rockville, MD
Duration : Full Time
Primary Skills : Training Coordinator (Grants Management Systems), Federal Grants lifecycle, MS
MAJOR PURPOSE OF THIS JOB:
Training Coordinator to lead training activities for our federal client through comprehensive training program for the Federal Grants Management Systems and Processes. The Training Coordinator will be responsible for working with the federal management and contractor team to manage, design, develop, coordinate and conduct all training activities for internal staff. Training experience in a federal space is preferred. Knowledge of federal grants processes and systems is a plus.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements for various processes and systems within the Federal Grants lifecycle.
• Produce training schedules and classroom agenda
• Determine course content according to objectives
• Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets, datasets, step-by-step training guides, etc.)
• Coordinate with supporting system development teams to ensure access, data, environment stability, etc.
• Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
• Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
• Observe and evaluate results of training programs
• Determine overall effectiveness of training and make improvements
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Proven experience as Technical Trainer
• Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a federal government space
• Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
• Experience in designing technical course content
• Ability to address training needs with complete courses
• Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
• Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
• Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
• Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and qualify for a Public Trust clearance.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required