We help people do more with their technology and stay connected on all of their devices. We provide our customers with simple, helpful advice to get the most from their technology, assistance to fix any technology issues they have and protection of their devices to ensure they quickly get a replacement or repair if anything does go wrong.
What you will be doing:
The main purpose of the Learning & Development Specialist, Major Appliance is to make a strategic impact by working closely with operations, sharing knowledge, employee development, and service our products to create a more positive consumer experience. The Learning & Development Specialist, Major Appliance will be responsible for developing and delivering targeted and effective training programs, driving key metrics, and professional development.
The position supports our Field Service organization and our end consumer by developing and executing training strategy in technician onboarding, curriculum development, assessment, certification, and product launch support. An effective candidate will have demonstrated experience establishing and embedding instructional design best practices and processes, ensuring training utilizes adult learning methodologies. In addition, the Learning & Development Specialist, Major Appliance will work with our product lines and manufacturing facilities to provide consistent communication of service flashes and technical bulletins to the Service Delivery Team.
This position will be responsible for: working with the stakeholders, scoping new training, developing operational documents, providing subject matter expertise, and executing training. This position also creates and implements programs to develop employee skills and impart organizational practices and policies by utilizing various learning methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver, generate, and support technical training and content (Job Aids and Service Pointers), self-help and technician videos, and product-based curriculum. This team also supports Train the Trainer courses and eLearning development.
- Partner with the instructional design team
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders to identify development needs, skill gaps, and ensure program designs are engaging learners
- Delivers useful and engaging training programs for servicers designed to strengthen brand loyalty and facilitate profitable growth
- Partner with managers, team leads, and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives, and technologies
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference workshops
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, use of computers and software, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and product knowledge
- Report on the progress of technicians and market managers under guidance during training periods. Maintain trainee records. Facilitates night classes as needed
- Deliver remedial or follow-up training as well as recurrent skills enhancement training
- Provide support to the Customer Engagement Center and Service Administration Center as needed
- Scope all training requirements of the business and ensuring all stakeholders' needs are identified
- Development of actionable training plans with minimum support
- Development of timelines and project schedules
- Own the development of all training materials, ensuring the needs of the business are met
- Strengthen results leveraging both training and business metrics
- Report KPI's, strengths, and opportunities to the business on a regular schedule
- Deploy all training materials and operational documents/processes
- Transfer of knowledge to learners by utilization of a variety of learning instruments and application of adult learning principles
- Assist with Everyday Leadership deployment, including Peer Advisor and Coaching Apprentice
- Supports and mentors newly hired associates, including recognizing performance, motivation, corrective action, and performance improvement
- Develop and deliver competency-based learning activities (i.e. performance management, coaching and feedback, customer service)
- Develop and deliver multi-channel cascading employee communications and accompanying manager and employee instruments
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status
- Oversee training projects and work on special assignments as needed
- Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time to assist with hands-on training in the repair market
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
- Master Technician certification required
- Minimum of 1 year of training experience, preferably in major appliances or field services
- Minimum of 2 years of major appliance repair experience
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills – You are the face of the brand!
- Excellent technical skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ability to become proficient in multiple technical systems
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills
- Learning agility, ability to 'learn on the fly'
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services; this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum/training design and measurement of
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Bachelor's Degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with major appliances preferred
- 1+ years' experience in leveraging technology for major appliance troubleshooting
- 1+ years' training experience
We take care of you (benefits/perks):
· Competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, and vision
· Retirement savings plan
· Paid time off
· Continuing education support
· Ongoing training to grow your skills