The Train Control and Monitoring System Engineer:
- Interprets all customer requirements functions and translate them into software requirements logic.
- Centralizes and integrates all vehicle health status and faults logic to display a customer friendly interface for the train vehicle's engineer and maintenance operator.
- Write functional specifications for the Train Control and Monitoring System
- Interface with all vehicle sub-systems system engineers.
- Interface with the software engineers to cascade the customer requirements into detailed functional requirements
- Present the system functionalities to customers during design reviews
- Able to convert requirements into logic diagrams, and into software logic functions
- Integrate all monitoring functions into the system in compliance with the customer specification
- Support testers and commissioning technicians on-site to troubleshoot and to resolve software related engineering issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Understand the vehicle logic schematics and trainlines logic
- 5 years of experience in Train Control And Monitoring Systems
- Good knowledge of IEEE 1473 or expertise in train network topology
- System Engineering experience in design
- On-Site experience of fault finding and troubleshooting.
- 15% travel
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- >5 years of experience in Rail Industry
- Control and Monitoring System Network
- Knowledge of IEEE 1473, 802.3, 802.11 and 1558
- On-site troubleshooting experience
- Qualifications/performance test experience
- Programming experience
Requisition Number: 221840