Traffic Signal Design Engineer
San Jose, CA
As the Traffic Signal Design Engineer, you will work on transportation and traffic related projects under contract with the state, county, and municipal agencies, as well as with the private sector on a variety of projects.
As a Traffic Signal Design Engineer, you will work mostly from start to finish performing the following:
- Preparing traffic signal layouts, project specifications, cost estimates, and photometric analysis.
- You may be required to work in the field visiting the site location, attending meetings and interacting with fellow professionals.
Knowledge, Experience, and Education
- The desire to build a career in traffic signal design
- A degree in Civil Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, or similar field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- At least one year of traffic signal design experience
- Ability to work independently, meet project deadlines, and deliverables
- A P.E. is a plus but it is not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Synchro, Traffix, or GIS is a plus but not required.
- Must have some experience in California