In-house advertising agencies and creative groups are growing in numbers around the country. The Hartford’s is no exception – and we need an experienced Traffic Manager to help manage the volume. From videos, print ads and digital to collateral and integrated campaigns, we’re looking for a can-do, go-to traffic manager who knows just how critical this role is to the success of the entire team. If that’s you, read on. Working alongside account execs, copywriters and art directors, you’re the one who has the greatest line-of-site on theprojects, capacity, and overall pulse and pace of creative work. You’re the super organized, problem solver with amazing communications skills who knows how to help ensure we don’t miss deadlines and never skip a beat in the process. Speaking of process, ideally you have experience working with one of the more popular project management platforms that agencies use. If not, you’ll just need to convince us of your super human powers to learn a project management platform fast. Key abilities:
- Ensures the smooth flow and operation of the department by effective and efficient scheduling and management ofresources – internal and external
- Spots trouble, issues, holes before they happen, and taking steps to mitigate the issue
- Is proactive – always having the radar tuned to what’s happening, what should be happening and what is in jeopardy
- Jumps in to take care of issues….even if not an explicitly identified task, or even if it is someone else’s task
- Is a go-to person for creative and account service
- Is incredibly resourceful in their ability to get things done
- Has the answers or knows how to find a way to get something done
- Demonstrates a bias for action and a can-do attitude that serves as a model for the department
- Schedules and leads daily traffic meetings with Account Service to discuss projects, schedules and overall workflow
- Opens all agency jobs, confirms with Account Service that necessary input is in place and assigns creative team members, tasks and schedules to each project
- Monitors volume and proactively works to manage workflow, deadlines and the time allotted to projects
- Reviews daily workloads with creative team members and adjusts assignments to help ensure that the appropriate talent is used and workloads are balanced
- Adjusts job schedules and job-specific tasks to align with specific job requirements while managing overall workload and volume
- Ensures that each member of the creative team knows their assignments and due dates
- Acts as the mediator between all Account Service members to establish and re-evaluate priorities based on volume and flow
- Informs Account Services when Client Contact is required to get approvals or gather assets to complete work.
- Supports the effective completion of projects by trafficking work to external vendors
- Supports external productions by coordinating project detail including vendor communication, resourcing/managing production vendors and needs (think wardrobe and props on a shoot as an example) to securing and managing production estimates.
- Responsible for managing the department’s vendors, such as stock image contracts and other vendor management related to the departments operations.
- Proactively communicates with key team members regarding deadline status and any issues that may need attention
- Creates daily, weekly and monthly report on projects, project allocation, timesheets, resource allocation and deadlines – and shares those reports with the appropriate team leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as traffic manager or project manager at in-house or external agency
- Experience trafficking, managing and coordinating video, print, digital and collateral projects
- Experience with the key stages of creative project development and production, scheduling and resourcing, and theroles
- Ability to spot issues before they arise and proactively solve problems before they arise
- Highly effective communications, collaboration and team building skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and manage through changes in project volume and pace
- Project management system experience preferred, Workfront application experience a plus
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
: Marketing Project Mgmt
: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
: Individual Contributor
: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
: Day Job
: Apr 15, 2019, 7:50:31 PMRemote Worker Option: No