ive9 is a leading provider of cloud software for the enterprise contact center market, bringing the power of the cloud to thousands of customers and facilitating more than three billion customer interactions annually. Since 2001, Five9 has led the cloud revolution in contact centers, helping organizations transition from legacy premise-based solutions to the cloud. Five9 provides businesses with cloud contact center software that is reliable, secure, compliant and scalable, which is designed to create exceptional customer experiences, increase agent productivity and deliver tangible business results.
We are actively seeking a Traffic Management Telecom Capacity to join our Telecommunications and Carrier Relations team. This person’s responsibilities are centered around traffic management and telecom capacity for voice traffic traversing the Five9 network such as monitoring, reporting, augmenting and maintaining carrier call traffic and connectivity to ensure high levels of quality and reliability coupled with efficient cost margins.
- Ensures traffic is meeting expected routes through reporting and troubleshooting, takes corrective actions when necessary
- Provide carrier traffic forecasts with regular cadence
- Provide target rate profiles with an established reoccurring cadence to drive competitive pricing
- Process and load updated rate decks for optimal routing
- Monitors and reports on carrier traffic capacity and performance metrics
- Initiates carrier capacity augments both internally and externally such as trunk group cac and cps configurations
- Works with vendors on escalation of problems, status updates or performance issues found in monitoring and reporting
- Participates in carrier routing issues such as the removal of a carrier due to network trouble, calculating the cost and impact associated to the event, facilitating the process while mitigating the risk of restoring the carrier to routes
- Works with business partners to understand problem impact, as well as, support project and work requests
- Works with internal groups such as operations, capacity, provisioning to align projects, work-flow processes and metrics report validation
- 5+ years of telecom experience with VoIP/SIP voice applications
- Excellent knowledge of telecom principals and terminology including DIDs, Toll Free numbers, LATA OCN and NPA-NXX etc.
- Knowledge of SIP call routing, Least Cost Routing with Session Border Controllers
- Experience with International Routing including ITFS and iDID’s
- Ability understand capacity requirements as it relates to SIP Trunks to customers and carriers
- Troubleshoot and resolve persistent problems and escalated issues
- Respond to alerts and alarms troubleshooting and correcting problems coordinating issues with the Network Operations Center
- Experience with Softswitch, Session Border Controllers (preferably Sonus/Ribbon), SIP proxies, Media Servers (preferably AudioCodes IPM-6310 and FreeSWITCH)
- Familiarity with Wireshark, Empirix or other network protocol analyzers
- Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritize tasks and organize workflow accordingly
- Excellent documentation, verbal and written communication skills are required