Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry’s Raleigh, NC office is seeking an entrepreneurial candidate with a minimum of 15years of experience in traffic and transportation engineering to lead our traffic engineering team. Qualified candidates should have a familiarity with the MUTCD, Standard Highway Signs, ITE Traffic Engineering Manual, Highway Capacity Manual, and ITE Trip Generation. He/she should have familiarity with traffic engineering software including HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic and similar analysis tools. The candidate should have extensive experience in traffic signal design, closed-loop signal system design, preparation of signing and marking plans, and preparation of work zone traffic control plans (i.e., transportation management plans), and performing traffic engineering studies. The candidate should have an experience-based understanding of NCDOT design standards and practices. Candidates will need the ability to prepare traffic impact studies and develop and assess design and/or operational alternatives in accordance with local, state and federal policies and requirements. The candidate should have experience in ITS design, including the design of video surveillance systems and fiber-optic communications systems. The candidate should have extensive experience writing technical specifications. Exposure to project management and budgeting, preparing technical and cost proposals, and understanding of QA/QC procedures are desirable. The ideal applicant will have the experience and/or desire to market traffic and transportation engineering services. Applicants must possess their PE in NC and have experience working on projects in North Carolina. Good oral and written communications skills are a necessity. The candidate should have experience leading design teams, resource recruiting, managing technical staff, and exhibit strong interpersonal communications skills.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BSCE with NC Professional Engineer license is required.
- Minimum 15years of experience in traffic and transportation engineering
- Working knowledge of NCDOT Transportation Mobility and Safety Division Design Standards and Guidelines.
- Working knowledge of traffic engineering studies such as traffic impact studies, parking studies and circulation studies.
- Working knowledge of contract plans preparation for all traffic control devices (signals, signing, pavement markings, among others) including communication.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop scope of work documents and prepare man-hour estimates.
- Ability to provide quality control oversight for all aspects of traffic engineering tasks.
- Ability to maintain good employee relations and project communication with both internal and external clients.
- Design-Build project experience is a plus.
- ITS planning and design experience is a plus.
- PTOE certification is a plus.
- Experience working in states to adjacent to North Carolina is a plus.
Job ID 5376