Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Traffic Engineer Section Head to join the Columbus, Ohio office. The Traffic Engineer Section Head is responsible for business development, financial success, and managing staff for the Traffic Department for JMT’s Columbus Office and Ohio Practice.
- Coordinate strategic growth plan with office managers and practice leaders
- Establish and grow market presence in area through marketing and business development
- Manage financialbudget for department and allocate resources accordingly
- Lead and contribute to the production of proposals
- Serve as a technical expertise resource to project managers and technical staff
- Establish resources staffing needs for the section
- Interview and hire staff for the section
- Perform performance reviews for staff based on input from project managers on assigned teams
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited program
- Professional Engineer License in the State of Ohio
- 10+ years’ experience in specialized discipline
- Project management and Strong Business Development experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Traffic Software including Synchro, Vissim, Sydra, etc.
- Prequalified with ODOT in Traffic Signals (Basic & System) and Lighting (Limited & Complex)
- Experience working with local clients at the county and state level