START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Richmond, VA team is looking for a Traffic Engineer to join us.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The successful candidate will have experience in traffic operations and transportation planning, with traffic signal re-timing experience.
- We’re humble and genuine with an environment full of people that care about the communities we live and serve in. What we do directly impacts the safety and manner in which people live, commute and play.
- Great career growth track
- Continuing education and development opportunities
- Various professional committees and certification assistance options
- Volunteer opportunities with the office Charity committee and Green Team!
• Apply deep understanding of traffic signal operations, design, and systems
• Complete traffic safety and operational improvement studies for localized intersections and corridors
• Provide analyses of traffic safety issues and crash reduction measures
• Support policy and design guidance documents for traffic, technology, and control devices
• Address community traffic engineering issues
• Manage projects involving simulation and signal optimization plans to maximize transportation system throughput (using SYNCHRO, CORSIM, VISSIM or related software)
• Complete interchange justification, functional design and access management reports
• Develop mobility solutions which consider all users, including motorists, bicyclists, public transit users and pedestrians of all ages and abilities.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
• An understanding of effectively overseeing multi-disciplinary projects and teams
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
• Motivated to lead and mentor others
• 5+ years of experience in traffic operations and transportation planning
• Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
• PE or PTOE license or ability to obtain PE within a year
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, tohave been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.