Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate transportation engineering work, including traffic impact analyses, traffic forecasting studies, roundabout feasibility studies, parking studies, signal timing studies, access management studies, intersection safety analyses, operational studies, and corridor studies.
- Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for major projects. Produce engineering drawings based on applicable traffic industry calculations. Check, interpret and revise engineering drawings. Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Prepare information (i.e. project fact sheets, powerpoint slides, etc.) to explain projects to stakeholders and the public.
- Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel in a team.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants, and firm staff.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- B.S. in Civil or Transportation Engineering. M.S. in Transportation Engineering preferred. At least 6-8 years’ experience in traffic engineering and/or traffic planning projects. Alabama DOT or other state DOT experience is strongly desired.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure or the ability to obtain licensure within one year is required. PTOE/ PTP is a plus.
- Experience in planning, scheduling, coordinating and conducting transportation and traffic engineering work. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail and commitment to rigorous quality control approach to engineering solutions.
- Ability to research and learn innovative solutions and best practices in the industry.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Ability to be proactive in determining the necessary steps to meet objectives and performance expectations of position.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and also serve as a team member in project groups. Strong communication (written and oral) skills. Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Adept in explanation, persuasion, and negotiation of critical issues. Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge and skill in Synchro, Excel, and MicroStation is a must. Knowledge of HCS, SIDRA, VISSIM, ArcGIS, CUBE and TransCAD is desired.
- Strong understanding and experience in the use of HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO, GDOT’s Policies and Procedures including the GDOT Design Policy Manual or similar document.