We are currently seeking a Traffic Engineer to join the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice.
This Traffic Engineer will lead traffic engineering and transportation planning tasks, serving in a professional roll advising clients and staff, consulting, and reviewing work as an expert in the field. The position will involve managing traffic engineering projects, preparation of technical documents, coordination with clients written and oral, assisting with business development/marketing activities, preparation of contract scope and fee estimates, and mentoring/supervising junior staff.
- Accredited Bachelor or Master's of Engineering degree or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline
- 5+ years’ experience within the field of traffic engineering
- Professional registration (PE) within the field of engineering
- Extensive traffic forecasting, traffic operations analysis, and safety evaluation experience
- Ability to evaluate traffic operations and safety issues and apply sound engineering principles and judgment towards developing appropriate improvement strategies
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Writing sample required
- Prior experience with NCDOT
- Experience with HCS, Synchro, CORSIM, SIDRA, TransModeler, VISSIM, TransCAD, ArcGIS, and MicroStation
- Familiarity with local, state and national traffic engineering standards and practices
- PTOE certification preferred
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans to complex interchanges, major roadway, and segmental bridge designs, our teams provide the highest quality planning, environmental and engineering design solutions to our clients. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.