At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Traffic Engineer, we'll count on you to:
• Perform complex traffic engineering projects, exercise sound engineering judgment, preparation of traffic impact analysis reports and Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E) documents
• Preparation of traffic design, including accident analysis and mitigation strategies, signing, striping, traffic signals, lighting and Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), traffic control and construction phasing.
• Make decisions on design and engineering procedures as needed
• Function as technical specialist or project manager on mid-size projects, but project management is not sole focus of this position
• Supervise small staff of professionals and technicians as needed
• Perform other duties as needed
Keywords: traffic, traffic design, ITS, traffic impact analysis, Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSUM
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
• 5+ years traffic analysis and traffic engineering/design
• Hands-on experience with Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSUM
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
• Strong verbal and written skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Computer Skills using HCS, AutoCAD and MicroStation
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.