DEA Bellevue, WA, Tacoma, WA or Yakima, WA office is hiring for a Traffic Engineer to work in our Transportation Business Unit as part of our Roads and Highways team. As a traffic engineer you will work in the areas of traffic control/detour plan design, traffic signal design, intersection design, signing/striping plan preparation, and some transportation analysis. Your responsibilities will be diverse and will include but not be limited to the following:
- Works with project teams on all aspects of projects, including project set-up, drafting, design, quality review and quality assurance, project coordination/organization, etc.
- Prepares and designs improvement plans for a wide range of traffic design tasks.
- Prepares and/or directs preparation and modification of construction documents, reports, specifications and designs for project
- Prepare Traffic studies for various roadway and highway facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- Engineer In Training (EIT) certification
- 10 plus years of professional traffic design experience
- Strong writing skills as a writing sample will be required
- Project experience with Civil 3D
- Drafting and design experience with Microstation/InRoads
- Professional Engineering license
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule