Provide leadership, management, and oversight for entire traffic engineering department. Department Directors will be responsible for business development, project management, quality control, staffing, personnel, client relations, financial performance, business plan development and implementation, etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsible for all aspects of project development and engineering including all staff, engineers, managers, etc. within the applicable department. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with company established policies and objectives. Utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives. Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output. Develop major goals to support broad functional objectives and approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental and company-wide functionality with applications to business development. Department Directors are also responsible for generating and implementing company business plans by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in different regional markets or clientele.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- BSCE in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline
- Twelve (12) years of design and management experience in appropriate discipline
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in applicable jurisdiction (or ability to apply for reciprocity) and PTOE or ability to obtain certification
- Experience in review and analysis of technical reports, signal design documents, project budgeting and traffic analysis
- Experience working on DOT/DPW projects for state, county, city, or local municipalities.
- Prior design experience in appropriate discipline with a proficient understanding of other disciplines
- Knowledgeable of regional marketing and business development activities
- Ability to manage staff, review and track project billings, and general office operations
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledge and technical experienceapplying engineering design principles
- Ability to work well within a project team by building relationships and teamwork
- High-level of integrity, ethics, quality service, and safety
- Maintain a positive rapport with supervisors, senior staff, marketing, and other employees
- Ability to perform in a marketing/business development role
- Prepare and present technical proposal information and presentations
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Develop and implement business plans