As an Applications Engineering Manager you will be in charge to lead team of application engineers independently, while interfacing and collaborating with the sales team and engineering team to meet customer needs. The AE Manager will receive high-level and/or strategic guidance from the VP of Sales and the commercial leadership to direct, plan, and execute on proposals and delivery of contracted projects.
You will also:
- Manage the development and implementation of Road Zipper applications and proposal development activities that enable the organization to meet customer needs and revenue targets.
- Manage the input Ticket system for AE support and provide timely responses to the sales team to meet customer expectations.
- Manage and mentor AE professionals who design, develop or support application solutions, including annual performance reviews, salary administration, staff development, and training plans.
- Leading the applications team members to successful delivery on proposals submitted and won through project oversight management for a total deliverable responsibility. ("bid-it/build-it").
- Monitor project budgets and coordinate schedules/department activities, cross-functional activities and help ensure committed deliverables are on-time and on-budget as bid.
- Monitor and identify performance indicators that report on overall project progress and effectively mitigate risk and resolve issues.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure AE output in both content and format is meeting client needs and best positioning the company's offering to win profitable business.
- Improve the application engineering team's technical capabilities by establishing best practices and processes, continuous improvements, critical and innovative thinking, mentoring team members and recruiting new employees.
- Ensure that proposed solutions meet and exceed internal standards and external accepted practices, rules, regulations, laws and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- As directed, participate in several industry conferences each year to better understand customer needs, rules and regulations and emerging trends that affect the product Offering and AE solutions.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 5 years of relevant management experience with greater than 10 years transportation engineeringexperience in some or all of the following areas: application engineering, highway technologies (ITS), traffic management, maintenance of traffic, corridor design and/or management, roadway safety and/or similar roles demonstrating an increasing responsibility and personnel management.
- Thorough understanding and experience with industry associations and agencies such as, AASHTO, ATSSA, state departments of transportation, concessionaires, FHWA, etc.
- Ability to utilize knowledge of and experience with best practices for work zone safety, work zone maintenance and protection of traffic and urban freeway design and traffic management.
- Demonstrated leadership in the continuous improvement of traffic management and safety standards, highway deployment and management processes, thought leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to develop and execute schedules on-time.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word required.
- Experience and background related to successfully delivering application engineering solutions using industry acceptable practices and collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members, inducing sales, quality assurance, business analysts, engineering, production and product managers.
- Knowledge of roadway design, P3, design/build, state bid lettings, traffic control plans, traffic engineering, on-tie/on-budget project delivery.
- Knowledge and experienceworking with various levels of contacts within FHWA, State DOT's, consulting engineering firms and planning/design and bid/delivery stakeholders.