Traffic Control Engineer
Department:NC-MAB Raleigh OperationsLocation:Raleigh, NC
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Raleigh, NC team is looking for an experienced Traffic Control Engineer to join us.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The successful candidate will have experience in traffic operations and safety, transportation planning and traffic engineering design experience in North Carolina.
- Apply understanding of traffic control device operations, regulations, and design
- Conduct multimodal traffic impact and access management studies
- Prepare traffic signal, pavement marking and signing assessments and design plans in compliance with standards and specifications of the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with the design requirements of the NCDOT including using Microstation cad design software, NCDOT workspaces, ArcGIS and traffic simulation and operational analysis tools (Synchro, SimTraffic, Highway Capacity Software, and SIDRA).
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- The ability to manage multiple complex projects and work independently
- An understanding of effectively overseeing multi-disciplinary projects and teams
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- 5+ years of experience in traffic engineering, traffic operations and traffic control device application and design
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related field, Master’s degree desirable
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.