The role will be focused on providing the Equity Market Making business with proactive plant management and engineering services, enhancing the level of service that the market maker has and increasing its client-facing capabilities.
Engineeringresponsibilities involve analytical techniques to discover opportunities for efficiencies, scaling, & stability that range from moving applications from distributed platforms to virtual to providing recommendations where we have areas of under/over used application infrastructure.
The candidate will be required to engage and navigate with support teams as well as provide a limited technical support capability themselves.
In addition, they will be required to provide value added services as bridging gaps between our application development, support, and infrastructure teams by providing architecture advisory, application guardianship, and ensuring solutions are highly scalable & cost efficient.
- Advanced knowledge in Unix Kernels, File system, and memory management.
- Experience of Equities markets and trading systems, preferably have direct experience with low latency algo trading systems.
- Highly motivated problem solver with trading floor experience that can multi-task, work under time pressures and be self-sufficient were required.
- Working knowledge of how systems are architected including the underlying infrastructure (servers, storage, network) and applications (e.g., web, databases)
- Demonstrate the ability to handle troubleshooting/root-cause analysis scenarios in regards to CPU, memory, disk & networkutilization
- Proficient in command line tools, how processes interact with each other, memory, & storage management
- Demonstrate technical & operational acumen to deal with escalations and to troubleshoot/ resolve incidents
- Experience in sizing of heterogeneous Linux environments; preference in performing systems administration/design in either an operational or administrative function
- Involved in design/architecting solutions in PERL, Linux/BASH, Database/SQL, Web Services, Java, and real time transactional systems.
- Experience in scriptinglanguage (Unix shell scripting, PERL, Python etc.)