A top investment bank is currently seeking a Trading Specialist to join their team in New York. This candidate will execute trading strategies, you will handle execution tasks (booking, execution and reconciliation) and ad hoc projects such as the audit/management of transaction costs associated with trading liquid assets globally.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and quantitative researchers to carry out and improve trade execution across multiple asset class areas
- Build and contribute trading counterparties and transaction cost-related expertise
- Own and execute trade booking in a portfolio management system, including building and maintaining methods that automate trade bookings
- Lead and manage trading-related system/process improvement projects
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Deep understanding of a broad set of cash and derivatives securities across different asset classes including Credit, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX and Equities, and working knowledge of trade execution for these securities
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Science or Engineering disciplines from a top-tier university
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (comfort in econometrics, statistics, linear algebra)
- Expertise in portfolio management system such as OrchesTrade (or equivalent system)
- Expertise in trade execution platforms including MS Passport, Bloomberg FXGO, etc.
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills, proficiency in Tableau or similar BI products desired
- Knowledge of a programming language ( e.g. Python, SQL) a plus.