LH Trading Ltd. is part of the Lafarge Group, world leader in building materials, and specialized in trading and seaborne transportation of clinker, cement and cementitious products. LH Trading Ltd. consists of several trading, shipping and holding companies located in various parts of the world (Europe, Indian Ocean, Africa, Asia, and North America). For our office in Miami we are looking for a
Trading Manager Americas
- Maintaining regular contact at various levels of the customers / supplier organization to understand and anticipate on their needs.
- Key Account Management activities, including contract preparation & signing, issue management through to resolution, and follow-up on outstanding accounts receivables
- Understanding how the risk profile related to the customers / supplier evolves over time.
- Understanding how our products and services create value for our customers / suppliers and being able to explain the value creation. Collaborates with customers to improve import/export operations and product portfolio design.
- Negotiating deals in a fair and compliant manner to sustain relations and maximize the value generation, as defined by the financial objectives for return on the transactions, on a short and long term basis.
- Growing the share of wallet by capitalizing on the established relationship.
- Ensuring that the accounts receivables and other counter party risks are pro-actively recognized and mitigated.
- Identification and prioritization of new prospects and a plan and value proposition to approach them
- Visits to potential customers / suppliers / specifiers / influencers with whom we have not transacted or transacted only in the past.
- Collecting information to assess the counterparty risks related to potential customers / suppliers.
- Creating the business case and the trust to initiate a transaction that contributes to the value creation
- Ensuring that the new business will turn into a long term relation and repetitive business.
- Contributing to the execution of trade transactions thru close coordination with support functions:
- Ensuring that Chartering and Operations are supplied with all information in a timely fashion.
- Responding to the information requests of Operations to ensure transactions are properly documented and executed in line with the defined standards.
- Supervising and supporting the Operations teams where required in the interaction with customers and suppliers.
- Providing the LHT Research Team with regular information on developments of supply & demand as well as price and cost information.
- Helping respective import/export Group companies in the implementation of their own strategy and optimization of their footprint when related to international seaborne flows.
- Developing and maintaining a network of decision makers and influencers in the respective regional cement industry, in particular in countries where the Group does not have a presence.
- Creating the required volume and price information for the (financial) planning at LHT.
- Responding to ad-hoc requirements and participating in projects as defined by the Head of Trading.
- Be involved in the preparation and implementation of the budget.
Technical and,-or commercial education, with a degree in business or engineering preferred
Mimimum 5 years of experience in trading or comparable commercial activities
Knowledge & Skills
- Technical competencies / job knowledge: in depth understanding of cement values, properties and usages for various types of customers (IP, GS, distributors, construction sites…).
- Expertise in international seaborne trading and maritime regulations and logistics.
- Managerial and Interpersonal competencies / communication; agility to adjust management style and interpersonal skills to a broad variety of country and company cultures whilst consistently promoting Group / trading values and principles.
- Team player and respect for diversity. Politically savvy and diplomacy in particular to manage intra-Group tensions.
- Cultural and language Skills; Bilingual English, mastery of at least 1 additional internationally representative languages (Spanish of advantage)
- Appetite and curiosity for geo-political topics and multinational cultures.