- Job ID: 18008293
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Description Trades Processing LeadJob Summary:
Looking for a motivated and organized senior manager with substantial Middle Office and Operations domain expertise to lead Business Analysts and Subject Matter experts across Trades Processing streams within the overall Broadridge program for U.S. Domestic Settlements
This is a critical business analysis role in the Markets Operations Technology organization, responsible for the business user requirements for Trade Processing functional area as part of the implementation of the Broadridge platform into Citi’s infrastructure.
Markets Operations Settlements is responsible for clearing all Securities transactions globally. The Broadridge Program is intended to integrate the legacy Smith Barney and Salmon US Settlement mainframe platforms into a single instance of the Broadridge settlements platform.
The candidate is expected to manage a global team of analysts to perform current state and future state analysis, capture User requirements, and work with the development team to deliver the most optimal solution within a limited timeframe. The candidate must be able to manage their team to deadlines and meet all commitments made. They will work very closely with Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office Operations & Technology. They must have a successful track record of large projects implementation. The role requires the ability to understand the technical details and process of front to back Trade Processing for different asset classes – Equities, Fixed Income, Prime Broker, Prime Finance, Agency Mortgages, etc., and accurately capturing business requirements into very clear, simple and succinct terms.
- Lead the Trades Processing functional area including leading global team of business analysts.
- Has overall responsibility and accountability for a significant function, cross-department.
- Regularly meets Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office functions users and technology stakeholders to get buy-in for the group’s solutions, negotiate deliverables and timelines.
- Solves the highest impact, highest profile problems with significant business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
- Resolve any architectural decisions through detailed analysis, and considering what’s good for the firm and the clients
- Accurately capture User requirements in documents for technology team for subsequent design and implementation.
.Job Skills and Qualifications:Required Skills:
- Extensive experience as a senior level business analyst, having experience dealing with all three core business areas [Front Office, Middle Office and Operations] within Markets.
- Proven track record of designing and implementation of agile approach to delivery.
- Excellent communications, strategy and problem management skills
- Proven participation in the management of multiple concurrent initiatives while relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to effectively work with a wide range of business units and technology groups
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a proven ability to multi-task and successfully execute complex technical problems
- Ability to work in an environment with challenging deadlines and across a large organization
- Experience in test planning and oversight, and the ability to benchmark test plans against requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and document authoring skills
- High client focus, high level of internal motivation, and the desire to work hard
- Ability to assert influence / obtain results in a matrix environment
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree