Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America's leading providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference? Take part in the electrification of transport by joining the team as a Trade & Customs Expert! WHAT AWAITS YOU: In this stimulating role, the Trade and Customs Expert
acts as a specialist in order to secure the compliance of the company's import and export operations, while minimizing the risks and financial impacts. Communicates information with internal and external collaborators while coordinating priority management. You will be responsible for standardizing, supporting and updating the processes.
YOUR ADVANTAGES :
- Competitive salary and benefits, group RRSP and generous vacation policy
- Innovative and forward-looking team
- Participation in large-scale projects
- Stimulating social and environmental mission
- Telework (Covid-19)
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for HS tariff classification;
- Lead and coordinate activities in support of the following processes: FTA programs; B2 process; Partner government agencies; Regulatory compliance projects, Reconciliation, Special projects;
- Secure customs compliance for imports and exports
- Establish import and export procedures
- Perform the post-entry verification of imports insured by the broker
- Perform internal audits to verify customs compliance;
- Identify and manage refunds and compensations with the customs broker;
- Define productivity reports and other performance indicator data and identify areas for process improvement;
- Act as primary contact with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and other government departments depending on requests, new regulations and projects to support customers and the business;
- Ensure continuous improvement;
- Perform any other related task.
WHAT YOU NEED :
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Diploma in Customs Administration or International Trade and / or Certified Customs Specialist (SCD) qualification;
- Five years of experience in import management and collaboration with the Canada Border Services Agency as well as with customs brokers;
- Bilingualism (English-French);
- Good collaborative leadership approach;
- Possess a sense of urgency;
- Possess strong time and priority management skills;
- Be an organized person;
- Be results oriented;
- Good communicator promoting teamwork;
- Good global vision and analytical mind;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Integrity and accuracy of information;
- Computer skills: Office suite, management with ERP software.