Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Trade Compliance Specialist/Administrator is responsible for providing hands-on leadership of the export and import compliance program for Teledyne’s Marine Seismic group. This position will support, administer, and further develop the trade compliance program in accordance with Teledyne Technologies Incorporated’s corporate policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring effective export compliance at the Teledyne Marine Seismic group in accordance with U.S export laws and regulations and Teledyne Technologies corporate export compliance program and policies;
- Determination of trade data such as: HTS, ECCN, Country of Origin, trade preference program qualification, product codes, import/export documentation requirements and valuation of products;
- Work with internal and external customers/vendors, freight forwarders/customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to ensure compliance of imports and exports;
- Develop, implement, enhance and maintain trade compliance management systems, policies, and department procedures and work instructions, including customs and import compliance, ITAR and EAR classification jurisdiction; licensing and administration; denied party, proliferation and diversion screening; technology transfers; deemed exports; export documentation; anti-boycott reporting; recordkeeping; audits and training; and import requirements;
- Prepare and submit license applications, technical assistance agreements and other requests for license and approval to the State Department and Commerce Department; administer export licensing program and ensure compliance with conditions and reporting requirements;
- Conduct licensing reviews for technology transfers, including marketing materials, proposals and engineering data; develop and maintain technology transfer programs in accordance with regulatory and license requirements;
- Interface directly with the State Department, the Commerce Department, Customs and Border Protection and other U.S government agencies, as directed by the Teledyne Technologies Corporate Trade Compliance Team;
- Act as trade compliance liaison to sales representative, distributors, customers and other third parties, as required;
- Conduct regular export and import compliance training for senior management, shipping, sales and marketing and other functions involved in international business;
- Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement corrective action, as required; may assist in periodic audits of other Teledyne facilities
- May assist in due diligence review and integration of acquisitions;
- Assist the Teledyne Corporate Legal Department with investigations of any incidents of purported non-compliance with export laws and regulations;
- Performs all other duties requested, directed, or assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in export compliance capacity for a U.S. company, preferably in the area of marine seismic data acquisition equipment, arrays, and sensors.
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. customs and export compliance regulations, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, and Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations; able to apply technical knowledge of regulations to complex business transactions.
- Experience with automated denied party screening systems and U.S. Government on-line license application procedures.
- Experience with import compliance.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge and experience with EAR, ITAR, OFAC and Import Regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled at reading, accurately interpreting, and applying government regulations and company policies.
- Ability to present export compliance training to all levels of management and employees.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented and proactive in management of projects and tasks.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Good computer and telephone skills.
- Ability to travel to otherlocations, as required.
- This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities but will serve as a subject matter expert and as such must possess leadership and professionalism expected from managers.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Frequently works at a desk/computer performing research, collecting data, and preparing documents and reports.
- Occasionally moves about the office and production areas to gather information.
- Frequently uses communication tools such as email and telephone.
- Occasionally travels to other Teledyne sites to perform field service work assignments.
- Must be able to perform research, and accurately interpret, understand, and retain job related information, government regulations, company policies, and product specifications/drawings.
- Occasionally lifts and moves materials that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet requirements.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Frequently communicates with managers, technical staff, coworkers, and customers in the performance of job duties. Must be able to exchange accurate information and understand instructions and technical details.
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work area.