Ardelyx is a publicly traded biotech company focused on improving the lives of patients by developing and commercializing first-in-class targeted therapies that advance patient care. Using our discovery model, Ardelyx scientists have characterized new biological mechanisms and pathways that have enabled us to develop a pipeline of drug candidates to manage complications related to kidney and cardiovascular diseases. Our lead candidate, tenapanor, is a first-in-class small molecule therapy for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in adult patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis. If approved, tenapanor could completely change the treatment paradigm in a disease state with significant unmet need. We are advancing the build of our commercial organization to be prepared for launch of tenapanor in mid-2021.
Trade and Managed Markets Operations Manager
As a member of the Market Access team, the Trade and Managed Markets Operations Manager will play a key role in the commercial distribution of all products, and manage third party logistics (3PL) and direct customer relationships. This position will provide executive management with meaningful and insightful analysis related to finished goods inventory. The person will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities associated with the processing, validation and preparation of timely payments stemming from fully executed Trade and Managed Market rebate and service fee agreements. In addition, the person will be responsible for maintaining and creating financial analyses with an emphasis on identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies. The person in this role must be able to demonstrate strong cross-functional partnerships throughout the company. The role will report to VP Market Access.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Analytics groups, to ensure adequate stock of commercial product to meet market demand
- Actively manage inventory status, including analysis, monitoring, and documentation of Ardelyx and channel inventory status (at least monthly) and buying patterns (at least weekly). Identify abnormal buying activities and develop and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Be the point person for day-to-day management of 3PL and direct customer responsibilities including:
- Working with internal manufacturing group to track and understand inflow of finished product to warehouse
- Responding to every day inquiries, timely shipping and processing of POs, ensuring return policy is being followed
- Validate, process, and pay wholesaler and distribution fees
- Stay in close coordination with Corporate Accounts team members responsible for wholesaler and direct purchase contract negotiations
- Oversee accounts receivable, order management, chargebacks, and returns conducted by 3PL
- Be the point person for administration of government payer programs and management of outsourced government pricing service provider
- Ensure coordination between Ardelyx, 3PL and government pricing service provider
- Review and authorize government program rebate claims and authorize rebate payments by service provider
- Provide initial internal review of government pricing calculations performed by service provider
- Assist Payer Account team in ROI models and business cases for new payer proposals
- If approved, assist pricing committee approval, and final execution of contract internally and with partnering account
- Once contract is finalized, track, pay, and monitor analysis of rebate payments
- Develop and implement external communications to wholesalers and chains as needed such as product launches, recalls, price increases, etc.
- Work closely with accounting / finance during Month end close to assist with Financial reserves
- Inventory, discounts and rebates being the main driver of many of the reserve items, including: prompt pay, wholesaler discounts, returns, co-pay, chargebacks, Medicare part D rebates, commercial rebates
- Stay current with pharmaceutical marketplace technology and regulations regarding product security within the pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of trade relations experience and atleast 10 years of progressive career growth within the life sciences business where commercial acumen is valued
- Ability to operate with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mindset and excel in a fast-paced, start up company environment
- Proven ability and experience in managing day-to-day third-party vendors and contractor relationships
- Deep understanding of regulations regarding product security within the pipeline and pharmaceutical marketplace technology
- Able to effectively influence people of all levels to drive change and improvement
- Track record of applying strong analytical skills – including inventory status and buying patterns analyses – to enhance decision-making
- Ability to lead change and work well within an innovative and performance driven environment
- Decision making and communication skills that have been honed in dynamic environments where change must be anticipated rather than reacted to
- Strong ability to review and identify issues and opportunities in the business and get things done
- Flexibility in thinking and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Strong alignment with the business focus on customer needs to drive decisions
- Experience working in a small Company experiences preferred
- Ideal candidate will be Boston-based, however qualified field-based candidates will also be considered.
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without the need for sponsorship.
As a member of the Ardelyx team, you will play a key role in developing and bringing to market first-in-class medicines to better the lives of underserved patients. It’s the patients in need that motivate and inspire us to be relentless and work hard every day. They push us to maintain a clear focus on scientific and clinical integrity with a commitment to medical innovation so that we can deliver exceptional medicines. We are different for good.
Ardelyx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer