Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engagedin the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB! We are currently seeking a Traction Power Systems - Project Engineer in our San Francisco or San Jose, CA offices.
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts. Responsible for gross revenue of <$1M.
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Guides team to overall project objectives.
- Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Support our electrification services, this position will require the successful candidate to:
- Develop mathematical models
- Prepare power system studies for AC and DC electrified railway systems
- Prepare computer simulations and studies including AC and DC load flow, short-circuit availability, motor-starting, and protective relay coordination studies
- Perform site investigations in substations and along railroad tracks
- Prepare technical and cost proposals
- Develop and deliver technical papers to industry
- Prepare and make interview presentations
- Lead technical design for both AC and DC railway electrification projects
- Manage design process and client expectations
- Help develop and grow client base.
- Train and develop support staff
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
6 years relevant experience
- Bachelor ‘s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 6 or more years’ experience in design, installation, testing, and commissioning of electrical systems
- Experience in electrified railway substation and power distribution systems designs in:
- AC and DC traction power system design
- 600/750 volt DC rail transit traction power substations
- 25KV rail transit traction power substations
- Frequency Converters
- Stray Current Mitigation
- Wayside cable plant
- Circuit breakers
- SCADA and PLC Protection Systems
- Overhead catenary and third rail characteristics
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site,construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in aconstruction site, being exposed to heavyconstruction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol isrequired.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
Job ID 1217-17431