Want to work at Aecon? Aecon is well-positioned in the Canadian marketplace as an industry leader in the development and construction of infrastructure. We have a roster of ongoing major projects here and abroad, record backlog diversified across multiple sectors and duration, and a robust pipeline of future project pursuits. We are in a strong market position, but we are ultimately aiming higher.
We aim to be the partner-of-choice for end-to-end delivery of integrated Urban Transportation Systems. Our reputation for delivering timely, safe and reliable systems is bringing us there. Our multi-disciplinary, innovative teams have a reputation of excellence for projects in Canada and abroad. Aecon is currently seeking a Track Engineer to join the Urban Transportation Systems team. Reporting to the Track Manager , the Track Engineer will be responsible for reviewing track designs , installations and planning of all track related construction activities.
- Performs, reviews, and coordinates all issues related to the design, procurement and installation of track. This includes horizontal and vertical track alignments, turnouts and track structure elements, hardware, track/wheel interface, track and structure interaction and stress analysis, rail welding, storage, installation and maintenance requirements.
- Monitors all track work related construction/installation activities and any other civil construction contracts as assigned.
- Prepares track work procurement and installation contract documents and other civil contracts. Ability to create strong baseline records of total efforts for others to understand and build upon.
- Responsible for detailed planning of construction activities.
- Lead and facilitate collaboration of all disciplines involved in the construction planning process e.g. permanent works design, temporary works design, HSE, Environment, quality, schedule.
- Contribute to the preparation of subcontract scopes of work for procurement of subcontractors.
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for subcontractors.
- Review operational and technical information provided by subcontractors and consultants, including shop drawings and work procedures, for conformance with the contract and specification.
- Prepare detailed Work Plans (i.e. Method Statements) and narratives for submission to client for review and approval. Review and prepare responses to client comments to submissions.
- Continually evaluate design drawings and specifications for conflicts. Identify and implement solutions to those conflicts, in collaboration with consultants and subcontractors.
- Identify contract document conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
- Responsible for and develops horizontal and vertical alignments, typical cross sections, drainage, roadway and trackwork design (including switches), station/maintenance/yard interfaces, material bill of materials, scheduling and cost estimates, testing and construction/installation interface for major proposals, projects and maintenance needs.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Experience using Bentley INROADS/INRAIL civil design application software
- Experience in construction projects modifying/renovating existing subway infrastructure
- Five to ten years’ experience in construction engineering.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to interface and communicate with others is a must
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Able to learn quickly; adaptable, flexible
- Enthusiasm for challenge is preferred
- Overhead catenary design experience is a plus