Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
The objective in this role is to enhance and maintain the stability of the zTPF platforms by providing high quality technical expertise and guidance through the build, test, and production phases. As a Mainframe Systems Developer Engineer, you will work with other Systems Development Engineers, zTPF Database Engineers, Applications Programmers, and Support teams performing daily activities ranging in complexity. You will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, development, and reliable operation of our zTPF test, Pre-Production and Production environments. You will own and drive changes/projects through all stages of the development and implementation life cycle.
The successful candidate will be a talented, technical, proactive person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver.
- Develop and enhance zTPF Operating System/Host Communications or zTPF Data base management code and the databases (Pool management, database utilities, Globals and TPFDF. This Includes supporting software and utilities to meet Travelport’s business requirements.
- Provide support and problem resolution for the test, pre-production and production Travelport systems. This includes development of new functionality, application/merge of IBM APARs, maintenance of home-grown OS modifications/utilities and or zTPF Database management. Provide operational and production support services for Travelport zTPF Systems or zTPF database.
- Technical support interface to Travelport and Delta for zTPF OS functions including new functionality POCs and assistance with debugging/problem resolution.
- Manage and support tools for collecting and reporting on zTPF performance i.e. IBM Data Collection, Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool, and Continuous Data Collection.
- Provide 24x7 on call availability and support on a rotating weekly basis with other group staff.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 Plus years of experience with zTPF
- Prefer 3+ years related zTPF Systems (Control Program, zTPF Host Communications or zTPF File Support (Database) experience.
- Strong knowledge with z/TPF Technologies, z Architecture Assembler and C/C++ Programming languages.
- Experience with zTPF Control Program internals, Host Communications (TCP/IP) or zTPF Database management (TPFDF, Globals, Recoup/PDU).
- Strong knowledge of zTPFGI and testing zTPF software in a VM (VPARS) environment.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent assignments with both technical and business staff.
- Flexible, self-motivated, high work standards, attentive to detail, able to perform as an individual contributor or as a member or leader of a team.
- Proficient writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate technically with peers and strategically with senior leadership.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!