Job Description and Responsibilities:
ABOUT WYNN BOSTON HARBOR Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth.
Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
Wynn Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Wynn Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Wynn Boston Harbor team.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Front Office Manager Tower Suites is responsible for the daily operations of the Suite operations which includes but is not limited to: VIP Arrivals/Departures, Private Access Operations, Guest Relations Operations, Casino Revisions Review, and VIP Lounge Operations.
This position will be fully accountable for the financial performance, daily operation, guest satisfaction, and employee satisfaction as it relates to VIP services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the management of the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Wynn Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Wynn Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience. This position will be accountable for the daily operation, guest satisfaction, and team member satisfaction.
- Ensures all Wynn Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Manage the execution of short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback at all levels. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, some of which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Wynn contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities, as an ambassador of the Wynn brand.
- Ensures the highest level of confidentiality when delivering service to our Suite, Private Access, and Casino VIP guests.
- Responsible for driving revenue while controlling expenses and labor continuously striving to improve profitability.
- Provides clear direction, establishes goals and appropriate time frames, manages overall guest satisfaction, and monitors progress to achieve desired results.
- Responsible for providing support to the Director of Hotel Operations as well as Property Executives.
- Ensures all guests and employee interactions are in accordance with Wynn and Industry accepted service standards, in order to maintain the integrity of the Wynn Boston Harbor ambiance while promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Responsible for business planning, FTE management, financials, and scheduling.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years of hotel and/or VIP experiencerequired, 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
- Prior knowledge of the following systems is preferred, not limited to: FCS, Maximo, Kronos, BirchStreet, Medallia (Guest survey), and Opera.