Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
In this role, you'll work on the next generation of Google Hardware to enable the best mutli-touch user experience. You will lead the touch module development and integration for Google Hardware from concept to mass production. You will work to define complete touch solutions, including selecting controllers, selecting sensor manufacturing vendors, defining sensor patterns, providing board/ITO layout constraints and requirements and overseeing physical engineering design layout. You will work cross-functionally with mechanical design, operation, reliability, firmware teams and product engineering teams. Additionally, you will need to travel to support engineering builds and ramp to mass production.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead touch hardware development and integration for consumer electronic products from concept to production.
- Engage in establishing touch technology roadmaps and creating proof of concept prototypes.
- Manage vendors to ensure quality of technical deliverables.
- Lead all touch related failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving on products and platforms, including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
- Represent touch technology team in meetings with the cross-functional engineering teams. Design analysis, characterization and validation for touch sensor modules.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in development and integration of touch sensor modules for consumer electronics products.
- Experience with different touch sensor stack-ups and manufacturing processes. Experience in delivering high volume touch products.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading a fingerprint sensing sub-system through a complete product cycle.
- Experience with multiple sensing technologies (capacitive, acoustic or optical).
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated Electrical Engineering (EE) background with proficiency in analog and mixed signal systems.
- Effective statistical analysis skills.