The Total Rewards Project Manager manages compensation and benefits projects for field and corporate functions. Performs analysis and manages specialized compensation and/or benefit programs. Coordinates the communication efforts of the compensation and benefits teams to ensure effective total rewards messaging. Supports US and global compensation and benefit initiatives as needed.
Key Job Activities
Project Management: Works with VP of Compensation and Benefits, all levels of management and HR business partners to identify, define and manage projects to improve and enhance compensation and benefits practices and programs. Creates project plans, defines roles and responsibilities, tracks progress, leads and coordinates project meetings, creates materials, obtains approvals and provides updates as needed.
Communications: Manages communication efforts for the compensation and benefit teams, including coordination between teams, writing and editing communications, coordinating the fulfillment of print material orders with vendors as needed and acting as liaison with the head of Internal Communications to ensure appropriate timing and content of total rewards communications.
Compensation: Performs analysis for special projects and manages specialized compensation programs including record-keeping, data management and coordination with management and payroll. May also provide support to Equity Program Manager on annual equity grants or day-to-day administrative needs.
Bonuses/commissions: Works with sales teams to collect documentation and evaluate sales commission plans. Develops strategies to improve compliance, consistency and tracking.
Benefit plans: Manages specialized benefit plans such as the medical access only (MAO) plan.
Compliance and audit: Responds and/or coordinates responses to audit requests for the compensation and benefits areas. Assists in ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing compensation and benefits.
Reporting: Generates reports from various HR systems in order to capture data needed for analysis. Works with HR systems team regarding requirements and trouble-shooting to ensure that the systems support the compensation and benefits needs.
Presentations and Training: Prepares informational materials, including training materials, to assist managers and human resource generalists in understanding and supporting compensation and benefits programs and processes.
M & A: May support initiatives related to acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, mergers or other M & A related activity including responding to data requests and performing analysis.
Other: Performsother related duties asrequired or requested. Provides day-to-day support forcompensationand benefits teams when additional resources are needed during busy periods or the launch of special initiatives.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business, or other related field, or the equivalent in related work experience. Demonstrates the ability to perform complex analysis and make recommendations in support of analysis.
- Five to seven years of combined Compensation, Benefits and HR experiencerequired, demonstrating broad knowledge of total rewards programs and processes.
- Two or more years demonstrating the ability to lead moderately complex to complex projects, which could potentially be long-term in nature.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to combine information from several sources and edit/tailor for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with all levels of management in achieving project goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and present project-related training and information to all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather and analyze facts and data, and draw correct inferences from the information; weighs alternatives and presents logical solutions to problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to review and proofread work for accuracy and complete specific aspects of assignments, as directed. Concentrates on tasks at hand, even in distracting work environments.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow work plans and commit time and effort required to complete functions of the job.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain information; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions. Present prepared information to individual and groups in a manner that is clear and concise, holds their interest and addresses their needs or concerns.
- Demonstrates the ability to generate new ideas; recognize the need for and develop new approaches to problem resolution.
- Demonstrates the ability to probe beyond stated requests to articulate and represent customer perspective and work with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal openly and honestly with internal and external customers while building credibility and maintaining trust. Exhibits empathy and sensitivity for the needs of customers. Is perceived by others as being helpful and supportive.
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions after considering all facts, potential risks, customer needs, and alternative solutions when dealing with all types of issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage own time, activities, and resources. Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance, and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results. Prioritize multiple activities and projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.