The Total Rewards Manager is responsible for designing, analyzing, communicating, and managing Cars.com's compensation and health & welfare plans. Additionally, this leadership role is responsible for ensuring compliance with various federal and state regulations regarding all compensation and benefit plans including IRS, SEC, 409(A), ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, DOL, ERISA, etc.
- Manage the overall compensation function including base compensation, short-term and long-term compensation including equity administration.
- Manage the overall administration of the group medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) Plan and defined benefit plans.
- Manage vendors - Responsible for management of day-to-day benefit planvendor relationships.
- Support the analysis and preparation of Compensation Committee materials.
- Evaluate plan designs and recommend benefit programs based on overall effectiveness, benchmarks, market assessment, business strategy and cost impact.
- Evaluate existing Department processes and procedures and restructure/automate as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations including ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, DOL and ERISA. Understand all components of the Affordable Care Act and ensure Company compliance with regulations and reporting requirements. Manage PCORI, Transitional Reinsurance, 1094 / 1095 C and EEO/VETS reporting and compliance process.
- Oversee administration of 401K and defined benefit plans including discrimination testing, financial statement audits, 5500 preparation and annual required employee communications.
- People management - manage, coach, and develop 1-2 Total Rewards Analysts.
- Partner with People Business Partners to support and implement People projects and processes.
- Live the company's core values.
Leadership & Technical Competencies:
- Project Management.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing healthcare costs and trends.
- Strong analytical skills & mathematical orientation.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Work and PowerPoint.
- Confident & energetic, with a roll-up-your sleeves attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated, progressive compensation and benefits experience.
- Knowledge and experience across the spectrum of broad-based total rewards and in-depth understanding of executive compensation design and administration.
- Experience selecting and managing external consulting relationships.
- Ability to work closely with members of the senior executive team as well as build collaborative working relationships with other members of management.