Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan the families they desire by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing to contraceptives.
There are about 8,500 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re an eclectic mix of people with a diverse range of backgrounds from the international health sector to the marketing industry to the behavior change field, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI is seeking an experienced, dynamic Director, Total Rewards and Operations for its Human Resources Department to oversee PSI’s rapidly expanding portfolio. PSI’s new global strategy focuses on improving consumer powered healthcare through shaping market systems, shifting policy and funding and strengthening global capacity.
The Director, Total Rewards and Operations will be responsible for the overall design, implementation, administration, and communication of PSI’s compensation and benefit programs and HRIS system. The Director will provide strategic long-range planning and vision for compensation and benefits programs/practices for the Washington, DC office and international employees. S/he will recommend, develop, and implement compensation and benefits programs that support PSI’s overall mission and helps attract and retain quality talent. The Director, Total Rewards and Operations will provide consultative support to the Human Resources team and the PSI management team on all compensation and benefit-related matters and provide expertise and oversight of international based employee benefits, allowances, and taxation matters (US expats, third-country nationals, and host country nationals). This position will partner with our various international offices and providing analytical and consultative support regarding global compensation/benefit issues and trends. The Director, Total Rewards and Operations reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Sound like you. Read on to find out more.
You’ve got the passion, energy and experience to help drive a new global strategy through a customer centric team that balances pragmatism with technical excellence. Your team is focused on the goal of ensuring that the organization actively learns from its cutting-edge programs in the field and manages its knowledge at all levels using state of the art processes, tools and technology to maximize impact on global health policy and practice. You will:
- Provide strategic long-range planning and vision for compensation and benefit programs/practices.
- Design, implements, administers, and communicates all the organization’s compensation and benefit programs. Engages and works with outside consultants as appropriate.
- Set guidelines and direction regarding international staff (US expats, third country nationals, and host country nationals).
- Manage annual performance review and merit adjustment process.
- Manage incentive compensation (IC) program for eligible employees.
- Manage executive compensation and benefit programs, to include short-term incentive program and executive benefit programs.
- Manage the annual open enrollment process for health and welfare plans. Manages HR reward programs, including but not limited to, employee service credits, employee recognition, etc.
- Partner with health insurance consultants and third-party vendors.
- Provide research, expertise, and on-going evaluation of all benefits programs and vendor effectiveness to assess cost savings, process improvements, and legal requirements to remain competitive and in compliance with all health and welfare programs.
- Oversee the leave management programs, process, and benefits including vendor relationships for disability, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and COBRA.
- Optimize HRIS systems to meet workforce requirements creating opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes.
- Partner with the PSI’s international offices and provide analytical and consultative support on global compensation/benefit issues and trends.
- Manage Total Rewards and Operations team; provides strategic leadership, guidance, support and coaching.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with:
- Industry: International development, humanitarian or related industry preferred.
- BS degree in HR or related field; Master’s degree desirable (but not required).
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP); and GRP (Global Renumeration Professional) preferred (is a strong plus).
- 10+ years of combined compensation and benefit experiencerequired including job evaluations, market pricing, salary survey submission and analysis, merit increase administration, variable pay administration, and vendor relations.
- Executive compensationexperiencepreferred.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen.
- Role model for the PSI Values (Measurement, Pragmatism, Collaboration, Commitment, Honesty and Trust).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work with senior leadership regarding position pay, pricing, and other sensitive executive compensation matters.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence key stakeholders around compensation and benefit matters.
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Access experience is highly desirable; MS Project – a plus.