The Composites Solutions Business (CSB) of Owens Corning is a manufacturer of glass reinforcements and non-woven building materials used to create a diverse platform of consumer and builder products. The Amarillo Plant is the largest US Manufacturing site within CSB, Glass Reinforcements segment. Servicing many customers, Amarillo is established and woven into the local community since 1979. The successful candidate will be a leader in a growing talent, maximizing productivity and engaging the most important asset at our site…the people!
The TPM Leader will report directly to the Plant Leader and will drive TPM Strategy for the Amarillo plant. The role exists because we are driven by the pursuit of establishing TPM as the way we run our operations. Working closely with the Global TPM Team and Quality/Operations teams, the employee will be responsible for developing Total Production Maintenance (TPM) methodology, facilitating improvement programs while monitoring and reporting progress. The TPM Leader will work closely with the regional leadership teams. This position helps to evaluate and execute operational strategies, standards and practices to achieve best-in-class performance in:
- Strategy – We align job task(s) to Company vision and success
- Safety – Our employees live injury-free lives
- Growth – We partner with employees to develop skills, experiences, and platforms
- Talent –Our employees own the success of the business
- Quality – We add value to our customers every day
- TPM- Pursuit of zero based principles in manufacturing. Injuries, defects, waste driving cost
Measures for Success:
- Continuous Improvement in OC TPM Assessment Scores
- Continuous reduction in safety incidents, quality defects, and unplanned downtime striving for 0,0,0 in each category
- Driving successful culture change at the facility, ensuring zero principle is embraced
1. EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety)
- Live the Safety stand; adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Demonstrate a commitment to employee health and safety, particularly through a commitment to zero injuries, awareness of hazards, and a strong understanding of legislative requirements in all aspects of the operation.
- Hazard identification and control/resolution
- Injury prevention metrics
- ZERO inuries
2. Functional Planning Execution
- Work with the operational leadership & global TPM steering team to develop strategies and plans for the implementation of the eight pillars TPM
- Partner with internal and external consultants to effectively support and implement TPM initiatives
- Facilitate major Initiatives and drive a Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss Culture
- Lead, coach, and solicit input from team members to drive successful execution of plant TPM goals.
- Facilitate / coordinate training, as needed
- Design and communicate clear and measurable performance expectations, complete performance reviews, and execute growth, development, and engagement plans
- Monitor, audit and assess progress against the operational manufacturing strategy
- Support and drive root cause analysis, and measure the effectiveness of corrective action(s)
- Lead the rapid improvements in Safety, Quality and Performance by using relevant tools and techniques
3. Reporting and analysis
- Leads TPM reporting and analytics, Focused Improvement initiatives
- Loss trees for all process areas of the facility
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-TPM personnel.
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to Master TPM plan
4. Improve plant profitability
- Leads actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs.
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility optimal financial results and shareholder value.
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Provides investment analysis.
- Educates plant personnel on key performance metrics.
5. Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives.
- Shares best practices across division, e.g., process improvements, TPM deployment modeling and procedural changes.
- Aligns teams and resources in order to solve problems and drive results.
- Accountable to deliver functional leadership to team members at plant, segment and corporate level.
6. Leading and developing talent
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Acts as a resource for all leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of TPM.
- Grows and develops the strategic skill set of direct reports.
- Ensures succession plans are in place and executed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, or relevant discipline a must.
- 5-7+ years of manufacturing Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) experience
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing operation(s)
- Utilize Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab, Outlook, SAP
- Delivering continuous improvement/TPM
- Participating in the development of strategic plans and execution against thos plans
- Openness to relocation to areas around the world including to OC World Headquarters, located inToledo, Ohio, for growth opportunities in the future is an asset.
Experience & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent—growing talent and succession planning.
- Strong project management acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by strategic vision
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impactful terms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead across functional barriers
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market and use of this knowledge to drive TPM execution
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Strong systems knowledge of SAP or similar
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level. Has a bias for proactive action.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Passionate, charismatic personality; articulate, approachable and friendly.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment and does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning.