Total Absence Management Consultant
Less than 5 years experience •
CareWorks Absence Management (CWAM) is a fast growing business within the York Risk Services family of companies. Focused on delivering innovative solutions to employers in the realm of absence management, CWAM has experienced double digit growth over the last several years and is seeking highly motivated and collaborative professionals to join this dynamic organization. We foster an environment of ownership, respect and teamwork all with a focus on delivering a superior customer experience.
The Total Absence Management Consultant (TAMC) is a member of the Operational Management team and is responsible for leveraging their technical and service experience to identify trends, develop and analyze benchmark reporting, provide subject matter expertise to and assist in managing complex customer issues. This role also acts as a subject matter expert on operational processes and best practices to support sales efforts (RFP’s, finalist presentations), implementations and account management.
Essential Duties and Functions:
The successful candidate will work with multiple stakeholders both internally and with customers in the following:
- Implement, communicate and manage operational policies and procedures to comply with federal, state and client requirements
- Partner with customers to understand complex reporting needs and articulate requirements to internal resources and stakeholders in the development of requested reports
- Proactively review operational and customer reporting to identify utilization trends as well as customer program success and opportunities. Effectively work with appropriate stakeholders to understand impacts, influence, potential adjustments and message to the customer solutions or buildable programs for greater impact
- Understand the interdependencies of a customer’s total absence management program and their health and wellness offerings; identify synergies, efficiencies, productivity opportunities and partnerships in a measurable manner to internal stakeholders and the customer.
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders in the management of renewals, implementations, de-implementations, and serve as an operational SME
- Proactively partner with internal stakeholders and customers on understanding regulatory trends and ensure operational policies and process reflect these changes as well as partner with training and leadership on the creation of potential training, Job Aids, update of forms or any necessary system updates
- Contribute to customer program design and development during implementation and partner with account management team to provide proactive customer program reviews for enhancements, operational clarity, refinement and continuous improvement to the customer experience
- Establish data benchmarks and data driven decision making to identify trends to improve operational processes and results.
- Understand customer needs and desires and apply standard operational processes for maximum efficiency and customer experience.
- Provide advice on reporting, communications, etc. generated and/or driven by the system. Effectively articulate BOB and customer analysis, trends, and experience level to internal stakeholders and leaders
- Advocate for the client while balancing operational capabilities to resolve customer issues through the development of action plans to remedy customer concerns or identified opportunities
- Knowledge of HR systems and applications to support customers’ absence programs data needs and requirements and in turn partner with customers and internal IT to develop solutions
- BachelorDegree in Business, Health Administration or some related field
- Three plus years of successful experience in absence management, specifically FMLA, ADAAA, and Disability
- Technical knowledge and skill in managing and complying with various state and federal laws that impact leave management (i.e. FMLA, ADA), and large scale cost containment programs