NCI: As an Enterprise Top Level Architecture (TLA) Senior Network Engineer, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Provide engineering solutions and support to the LWN/Army DoDIN and Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture and UC efforts with the goal of improving computer network performance, defense, and security.
- Provide engineering support during system configuration, integrations, and stabilization of security mitigations and intrusion control mechanisms at Army Post/Camp/Station.
- Perform engineering trend and traffic analysis; document and report potential flaws within the network.
- Provide engineering support to Capability Managers for current and planned implementations.
- Analyze engineering data to supportnetwork performance, security, and capacity planning in accordance with Army regulations, directives, and policies.
- Provide engineering support to equipment in the LWN/Army DoDIN such as encryption, Remote client access, NAC, VPNs, Dynamic Host Configurations Protocol (DHCP) controllers, performance analyzers, EoIP, VoIP, and VTC.
- Provide engineering solutions to complex IT problems with regards to UC and IPv6.
- Provide engineering trend analysis; document and report potential flaws with UC and/or IPv6 technologies running on or intended for Army information systems and networks.
- Provide configuration management support for UC and IPv6.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT III (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, CCNP Security). IA Certification Category and Level (IAW DoD 8570.10-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002)
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- Clearance (required at performance start date): IT Level I (in accordance with AR 25-2) SECRET SSBI
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT with 10 - 15 years’ experience
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, Microsoft, Cisco Internet Operating system (IOS), Juniper Operating System (JUNOS)), Netscreen OS, data packet routing, switching, proxy services, and engineering for IP data networks
- Operational and implementation expertise in the following tools and technologies below is required: Unified Capabilities, Everything Over IP (EOIP), VoIP, IPv4/IPv6, Routing Protocols (such as BGP, OSPF), QoS, and VTC.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree plus 5 years’ experience or bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience. In Engineering or computer science degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical, Computer, or Computer Science
- Experience in all aspects of the Information Technology (IT) DMZ security, perimeter networksecurity and security-in-depth applications for firewalls (Juniper, Cisco and NGF), MPLS, intrusion detection/prevention (IPS), Internet Security Systems (ISS) and/or McAfee and/or NGF detection/prevention systems, voice and video from a circuit switched Time Division Multiplex (TDM) infrastructure to an EoIP infrastructure, and network segmentation and containment applications using routing, Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), and other related methods. VLAN, VRF/VPN, NAC/NAP 802.1x, WAN optimizers, SSL accelerators, DHCP controllers, wireless, remote access, performance and protocol analyzer, Load balancer and Active Directory, and PKI.
- Job ID 2018-2756