- Work with our Core Technology group to create the best in class FPS engine tailored for our legendary titles.
- Work well with other engineers, artists, and designers specifically in the areas of developerexperience and iteration time.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- 5+ years game industry programming experience with at least 3+ years of tools experience
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game or film
- Strong C++ design and coding experience
- Experience with MFC
- Experience with game editor and commercial (Max, PhotoShop, Modo, etc. ) plugins/modification
- Experience writing code that balances performance and maintainability.
- Experience with animation, 3D graphics, audio, AI, or gameplay programming
- Excellent math skills
- Enjoys jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Comfortable working in cross-discipline teams
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- University or equivalent computer science degree
- Extensive experience with any version of idTech
- Experience with OpenGL and DirectX
- Experience with C++11