First Contact Entertainment is seeking a Tools Engineer to join our development team work on multiple VR and non-VR projects.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in building, managing and maintaining content production pipelines for games. This candidate enjoys working with a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate and optimize asset flow by designing and implementing a variety of tools.
- Design and create a variety of asset pipeline tools from exporters, importers, content management tools, to automation processes.
- Work with members of various departments of the dev team to gather requirements, prioritize and build solutions that empower artists and designers
- Always ready to learn and develop new skills in content creation tools development and be adaptable to technology evolution
- 3+ years of programming experience in developing content production pipelines
- Demonstrate proficiency in C++/C# and Python
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine and Maya
- Familiarity with database systems
- Contributed substantially to one or more shipped game titles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Scene or related engineering field
DESIRED (NOT REQUIRED) SKILLS
- Experience in shipping VR titles
- Experience in gameplay systems
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with console development
- Experience with mobile development