Who we are and what we do:
Pace Industries is North America?s leading full-service die casting manufacturer. Our mission is to provide uncommon, creative die casting and support solutions that contribute to the success of our customers. Our die cast parts are used in automobiles, motorcycles, generators, snow mobiles, lawn mowers, washing machines, power hand tools, BBQ grills, commercial lighting and many other well-known products. You can have a significant impact on our cultural transformation.
The Harrison Division started as a small die caster in the mid-1960?s serving a variety of niche markets. Since then, we have become a recognized industry leader in thin-wall die castings while also serving more traditional die casting applications. With more than 600,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space, we have the size and capability to serve a wide variety of customer needs.
This position is for an experienced Engineer dedicated to quoting new tooling, coordinating and assisting in design and build of new die cast dies and trim dies, as well as maintenance of existing tooling. The Tooling Engineer will support Tool Room, Product & Process Engineers and Production with technical expertise regarding all die cast dies and trim dies to obtain a level of quality that meets part print specifications at the quoted rate. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and Tool Room to complete design reviews for new tools and replacement tooling.
- Manage tool build schedules for new tools, replacement cavities, and retainer refurbishments to ensure on-time delivery.
- Work withother engineering disciplines and tool shops to optimize tool design based on FEA, flow simulations, and best practices.
- Develop suppliers to improve quality and throughput; Assign corrective actions to suppliers and follow-up on supplier?s countermeasures.
- Provide tooling progress reports to team members and management.
- Travel to tool shops as needed to validate and evaluate tooling progress.
- Maintain the Pace Tooling Standards and work with team members to update and develop new tooling specifications.
- Maintain the Tooling Drawing and Model management system to ensure that all information available is accurate and up to date.
- Support Technical Sales while quoting new products.
- Other duties as required by the Engineering Manager
- 5+ years?experience in die cast tooling and die casting process.
- Project management (manage multiple projects).
- Interpret CAD drawings.
- Understand GD&T and NADCA specifications.
- Basic understanding of mold flow and thermal analyses.
- Work with Imperial and Metric systems.
- Proficient in verbal and written communications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline