Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Tool Room Leader to join our Support Engineering organization. The Tool Room Leader is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing activities related to the Clyde Tool Room operation. This position will assist in the planning and acquisition of equipment needed for efficient operation of the Clyde Tool Room. This position will also serve as a Pillar Specialist for PM, with a key focus on 7 Steps of Die Maintenance. The position will also be accountable for improving application and use of SAP systems including die and mold work order application.
- Lead a department of 70+ tool makers and four leaders across a three shift operation.
- Ensure plant Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery performance goals are supported across shifts.
- Practices positive employee relations and develops self and others. Creates a shift leader development plan with clear responsibility and accountability for efficient operation of the Clyde Tool Room.
- Implements SAP based systems for work order management for dies, molds, and other key tool room operations.
- Acts as a Pillar Specialist on the Professional Maintenance (PM) pillar, with a key focus of implementing 7 steps of die maintenance into a model area initially, and then into expansion areas.
- Create a world class work environment in terms of Whirlpool Production System (WPS) tool application. Establish ever improving standards in the Clyde Tool Room for 5S/Workplace Organization/Kaizen, including development and execution of a facility master plan for the Clyde Tool Room that enables Operational Objectives.
- Ensure key metrics are implemented for KAI's and KPI's that are applicable to tool room operations.
- Manages the Tool Room budget, including approval of all purchase orders / requisitions.
- Required leadership competencies include: communicating, monitoring work, supporting others, motivating and inspiring, developing and mentoring, strategic planning/action, clarifying roles & objectives, monitoring & controlling resources.
- Certified Tool Maker or Associates Degree
- 10+ years people leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Exposure to World Class Manufacturing (WCM), especially as related to the Professional Maintenance (PM) Pillar / 7 steps of die maintenance.
- Flexibility and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to use a PC and knowledge of programs including Google Suite and SAP.
- Possesses sound judgment, planning and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership and people skills, with the ability to lead teams to drive exceptional results.
- Complex problem-solving skills and ability to use them to drive root cause identification and problem-solving.