Provide the necessary Tool and Die Engineering skills and leadership to the Engineering and Operations departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a senior level position, which represents the attainment of specialized knowledge in breadth and depth. Understands advanced concepts within professional discipline. Applies knowledge and experience to complex situations. Recommends solutions to complex issues. Performs independently and uses experience to guide actions. Mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Assist Program Launch team in conducting new tool tryouts and other activities as scheduled.
- Work closely with the other departments to improve efficiencies and throughput.
- Stabilize the process by determining root cause of process issues and implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Recommend incorporation of new technology where feasible and practical. Assure that all products quoted and/or released to the plant are feasible and that the quoted rate, crew sizes, and plant performance metrics are achievable.
- Guides the design, development and testing of new tooling and die equipment, methods, materials, processes or results.
- Troubleshoot and communicate tooling concerns to the Tool & Die supervisors and manager
- Interface with customers, contractors and die build shops as appropriate.
- Determine and document proper processing parameters and assist in auditing of the same.
- Determine priorities and implement cost reduction projects; maintain detailed documentation as required.
- Lead training activities for assembly and die leaders for assembly and die principles and practices.
- Communicate material concerns to the Materials department (ex. circle grid, material certification)
- Support process improvement initiatives and activities throughout the plant.
- Maintain PFMEA for respective processes and maintain process flow diagrams.
- Champion assigned engineering changes and communicate/coordinate with all departments.
- Assist with the quoting process.
- Train, coach and mentor other engineers and other cross-function team members.
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registration (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, etc.)
- Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for adhering to all OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) by the work team.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports directly to the Engineering Leader. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Materials, Tool and Die and Quality. Interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, IT, Purchasing, Accounting, Maintenance and corporate Engineering.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach engineering talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience, Master''s Degree preferred.
- Six (6) or more years of hands on manufacturing experience.
- Background in engineering and die builds, metal stamping and/or assembly background.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and correcting work flow problems.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team in effective problem solving methods.
- Experience in applying and teaching lean manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge of standard quality practices.
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proven leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment.
- CAD experience (UG, Catia, AutoCad Desktop etc).
- Ability to visualize and comprehend all aspects of a manufacturing equipment and tooling, understand the relationships of factors affecting a given situation, be attentive to detail, and continually seek to improve work processes.
- Knowledge of automated processes including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and control systems and how they interact with each other.
- Working knowledge of: continuous improvement, project management, facility engineering, process engineering, product engineering, equipment technology/capabilities, plant capacity and general problem solving.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
To all recruitment agencies: Tower International does not accept agency resumes without approval from the Talent Team. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tower employees or any other company location.Tower International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.