Our client is a global leader in healthcaretechnology and they wish to hire a TM1 Systems Administrator that is responsible for supporting the BI systems used by the FP&A and accounting departments.
The main responsibility of the role is to administer, develop and optimize the IBM Cognos TM1 OLAP database server. In addition to the TM1 system there are several other ancillary systems that require development and support, namely, Citrix, Excel, SharePoint, SQL Server (Database, Queries, SSIS, MDS) and Financial share drives.
The position requires strong analytical and financial modeling skills, advanced OLAP and BI skills and a good understanding of financial and accounting fundamentals.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Act as the primary system administrator to support and enhance the BI and Reporting systems for the Finance department. These systems include: IBM Cognos TM1 (OLAP reporting database), SQL Server 2012, and MDS (master data management tool)
- Provide level 2 client support for global TM1 users. Work with users to troubleshoot system, model, and report issues
- Source, manipulate, and upload data from several source systems using the BI and database ETL tools. The source systems include SAP ECC, SAP BW, PeopleSoft HR, PeopleSoft Financials, SharePoint, HFM, SQL Server, SalesForce, Essbase, Adaptive, Oracle, and several other financial and accounting systems
- Write and maintain TM1 processes to archive data within existing cubes, transfer data to and from cubes, and import and export data to and from other source systems
- Create, update, and publish standardized Excel reports using TM1 ActiveForms, TM1 Action Buttons, and complex VBA code
- Automate and streamline existing processes
- Write and maintain SQL queries, views, and stored procedures to source and consolidate relational data
- Create and maintain SSIS packages and scheduled jobs to load data into SQL Server databases and provide routine system backups and maintenance
- Implement and maintain TM1 security models using server, cube, dimension, element and cell-level security for financial and HR-related data
- Maintain approval workflow for Capital Asset Requests in SharePoint
- Coordinate and manage annual software license and user access reviews for TM1 and other ancillary systems
- Write and maintain complex TM1 business rules to provide additional reporting and analysis capabilities
- Write and maintain TM1 feeder rules to optimize system performance
- Provide in person and remote training on new functionality and business models to the finance and accounting departments
- Write and maintain detailed system documentation to explain business models, processes, and data flows
- Manage master data for hierarchies and elements within TM1 cubes and dimensions and within the Master Data Services (MDS) system
- Administer/upgrade servers and software for TM1 and ancillary system for both production and development environments
- Act as the administrator for the TM1 SharePoint portal
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 6+ years experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions using information technology. Significant experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Business Intelligence experience with TM1 required
- Database or SQL experience required
- Familiar with reconciliation of Actuals, Forecasts, and Plans against various source systems
- TM1 development/administrative experience required
- Cognos BI, Essbase, Analysis Services, or Hyperion experience
- Multidimensional database experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement analysis, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Application experience with: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, Master Data Services (MDS), SharePoint, SAP ECC, SAP BW (Business Analyzer), Excel
- Programming language experience with: SQL, VBA, MDX