The Learning Experience Designer and Developer (LXD) is the most senior level designer for the team and assume lead responsibilities for large and complex efforts.
The Learning Experience Designer and Developer will collaborate with subject matter experts and leaders at all levels to transform business goals and learning requirements into engaging learning experiences.
The Learning Experience Designer and Developer will also be responsible for creating learning materials, across a variety of learning modalities. The Developer is expected to be a highly creative and innovative to imagine and create training videos, games, job aids, leader guides, ILT materials, PowerPoint presentations and e-learning deliverables.
Learning Experience Design
- Consult with subject matter experts and customers to identify and obtain learning objectives and content; and advise customers on various learning approaches.
- Analyze and select the most appropriate learning strategy, methodology, and technology to maximize the learning experience and impact.
- Design, create, and develop informal and formal learning solutions to meet business needs.
- Identify existing learning materials that may be leveraged or modified to support existing learning needs.
- Adequately scope, communicate, and plan for SME involvement to ensure accurate content design.
- Identify and communicate design rationale and tradeoffs to key stakeholders, and TM leadership.
- Ideate and innovate thoughtful design experiences that meet the business and modern learner needs.
Content Development & Brand Management
- Establish clear and concise design strategies and ensuring the learning content adheres to TM quality standards.
- Draft storyboards, and mock-ups, for interactive learning solutions such as, e-learning and video development.
- Ensure TM branding follows corporate branding and design concepts.
- Participate in quality assurance oversight related to all learning content.
- Coordinate with program leads and TM leadership to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of services and products in a rapid development cycle
- Identify and champion design enhancements, and brand identity improvements.
Applications & Technology
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D Studio, Director, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, DocuTools, Final Cut, etc.
- Keep abreast and maintain proficiency in UX design methods
- Keep abreast and maintain proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and imaging tools
- Keep abreast and maintain proficiency in Adobe Experience Design CC
- Keep abreast and maintain proficiency in HTML4 and 5, and web programing language as needed.
- With minimal guidance, develop course delivery schedule and timelines.
- With minimal guidance, monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
- With minimal guidance, develop schedules for all assigned projects
- Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Provide effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers timely in order to determine their need and help the customer resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Manager of Educational Services.
- Pursue professional growth and development through personal reading, seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the trends in his/her field of expertise. May be required to travel to perform duties.
- May be required to work outside of normal working hours.
- May be required to work long hours during critical problems or implementations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, education or related field; strongly required, Master's degree in business, human resources, education or related fields; strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of talent management theory, methods, and concepts. Ability to transform theory, methods, and concepts into tangible designs with measurable results.
- Knowledge of instructional design, including needs assessment methodologies, design alternatives, training evaluation, and continuous performance improvement.
- Technical expertise in mapping training needs requirements against business goals and objectives.
- Excellent effective presentation skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience designing and developing programs and initiatives to create and sustain an organizational learning culture.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Must be able to work effectively in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Three (3) or more years or direct experience developing, designing and delivering training and education programs.
- Experience with SharePoint and learning content management systems highly desirable
- Experience with Abode Creative Suite strongly preferred
- Experience in instructional design for computer-based learning, healthcare, education, videography, graphic art design or information management strongly preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- None required.