This position shall work at the direction of the Sales Director of to develop and implement strategies in the following three key areas:
- Direct leadership of the SalesSupport team
- Pre-sale support with assigned sales personnel
- Current and future product line management
- Monitor and communicate market size and PCMC and competitor’s shares and positioning
- Back up to sales director in all routine weekly/monthly meetings.
- Approximately25% of time spent with external customers and necessarytravel to meet pre-salesupportand product management objectives.
- Responsible for the internal commercial leadership of pre-salessupport to assigned sales personnel/market segments.
- Insure that project specification meets all internal and customer technical and commercial requirements.
- Submit and follow-up on commercial contract and pricing requests to the salessupport group.
- Monitor and distribute sales/product inquiries that come in through pcmc.com
- Meet weekly with Master Planner to review active projects list, anticipated orderdates and anticipatedschedule/delivery commitments.
Product Line Management
- Work withengineering department to establish existing and future product requirements.
- Maintain PCMC market based pricing for all assigned products and modify as necessary due to competitive trends and PCMC product position/value.
- Create and maintain standard product line network files and work withsalessupport team to identify requirements for standard specifications and establish approved market based pricing.
- Planinternal activities tosupportnew product introductions.
Market Size and Positioning
- Monthly reporting of won and lost orders with summary of strategic reasons for the outcomes.
- Monitor and communicate competitive strategies and techniques as received from the sales personnel and regional offices
- Create and maintain competitive information files and be central point for consolidating and organizing competitive information.
- Leads the Communications Team to create and communicate PCMC positioning statements or use in PCMC web site, trade shows, general sale literature.
- BS/BA Technical Degree from an accredited College or University(MBA preferred)
- 5 - 10 Years background in selling to large accounts in a complex environment
- Training and experience in negotiations, complex selling, and presentation skills
- Experience in project management, creating, planning, and executing sales and marketing strategies
- Industry and product specific knowledge