As a Tier III Technician, you will be responsible for advanced troubleshooting on escalated cases and work with development on complex product issues. You'll continue our tradition of providing exceptional customer service - supporting Star2Star Communications Partners and Customers for problem resolution on Internet and Voice Over IP/Unified Communications offerings. Primary responsibilities are resolving escalated cases that require advanced networking skills and mentoring Tier II technicians. Must be able to log and document all interactions and issues efficiently and must be able to build strong relationships. In office attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Using strong network and product troubleshooting skills, advanced diagnostic tools and experience to resolve both reactive and proactive issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Install, configure, maintain, proactively monitor, and repair network equipment consisting of, but not limited to, networkswitches and Linux Server environments
- Manage multiple issues simultaneously in high-pressure environment where change is commonplace
- Ability to work with remote technicians in the clearing of troubles and/or network outages
- Provide a professional and courteous customer service experience and set expectations based on agreed processes
- Timely follow-up calls to clients on escalated technical issues and system status updates until the issue has been resolved to the client's satisfaction
- Document issues by creating and/or contributing technical content for enhancing procedures/SOPs and policy documents for functions within the Technical Support Group (TSG)
- Content contributor to knowledge base by creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to systems design, systems configuration, testing and evaluation and network configuration
- Responsible for event notification acknowledgment and correlation via Network Management System (NMS), and notification to affected customers in a rapid manner
- Assist in resolving issues with ISP’s, i.e. recommend troubleshoot steps for Cable, DSL, DS1, DS3, MetroE, FastE, and GigE level circuits
- Train/Coach/Mentor technicians on Star2Star best practices and technical tools on a weekly and monthly basis.
- 3 -5 years experience in a Network Operations Center (NOC), Technical Assistance Center, or network management environment (Telecom and ISP experiencepreferred)
- 3+ years providing excellent customer service and support within a technical organization
- 3+ years of experience researching and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Effective with troubleshooting physical layer circuit conditions including DS1, DS3, MetroE, POTS, PRIs, ISDN, DIDs, and Private Line and coordinating resolution with carriers
- Proficient in call center terminology (ATT, ASA, SLA, AHT, etc.) and functions (call routing, workforce management, IVR, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with SIP (Session Initiated Protocol), RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol), CODECS (G711, G729)
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP, Ethernet, OSPF, VLAN, NAT, DNS, DHCP, Ping, Telnet, Trace Route, SSH
- Hands-on experience with VoIP/UC technology, architecture, and standards
- Experience with WebRTC or Open RTC would be great!
- Hands-on experience with Windows, Unix, and Linux OS’s
- Hands-on experience with open source telephony platforms such as Asterisk or FreeSWITCH would be a bonus!
- Education/Certifications: BS in Computer Science , CompTIA Certifications (Linux+, Network+, etc.) or equivalent work experiencepreferred, Network Certification (CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, JNCIA) or equivalent work experiencepreferred, Voice Certification (CCNA-Voice, CCNP-Voice) a plus