DESCRIPTIONR9B is seeking a Tier II Cyber Analyst to join our world-class Network Defense Operations team. As a member of this elite team, you will work with the best cyber minds in the industry. You will:
- Update and maintain a Master Station Log on Teams at the end of every shift
- Take ownership of, triage, and update tickets generated through the ticketing system
- Assess and escalate to next level, as needed
- Respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance with root9B's security monitoring applications
- Manage all customer situations in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer relationship and satisfaction
- Keep customers abreast of problem status, set clear expectations and provide timely follow-up to customers on a daily basis
- Meet statement of work (SOW)/service level agreements (SLAs) regarding response time and customer notification as it pertains to root9B's Security Monitoring and Management Services
- Document all communications with customers and interdepartmental constituents related to outstanding technical issues in order to escalate to next level
- Remotely assist with basic technical support related to the management and monitoring of customer security devices
- Generate and update technical documentation as required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills
- Maintain a working knowledgebase of local security events and execute general controls as assigned.
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions.
- Perform analysis and tuning of the Security Analytics platform configuration and use cases and create, review, approve, and publish customer-facing reports on threat intelligence, operational metrics, and/or service performance.
- Develop guidance on mitigation strategies and defense techniques relative to trends and events in the global threat landscape.
- Assist security staff with incident management, security strategy, and publication of security intelligence.
- Generate internal and/or external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports.
- Provide assistance to root9B proactive HUNT services that will help them prepare, recognize, and respond in anticipation to a specific attack or known attack patterns.
- Assist in Incident Response activities, providing root cause analysis, lessons learned, and additional recommendations on how to prevent similar incidents.
- Follow the procedures outlined in the NDO SOP, which is available and maintained on Confluence
This position will work on a rotating Panama schedule. Occasional travel may be required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSThree years of experience as a cyber analyst
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
In lieu of a bachelor's degree, an additional two years of experience is required
TS/SCI security clearance
Experience supporting an OCO/CNO missions
Experience with SEIM