Our staff provides cyber security support to the Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration.
Criterion Systems is seeking to hire a Tier 1 Intrusion Analyst in Las Vegas, Nevada. The candidate will be part of the Security Operation Center (SOC) working in a 24x7 environment. The position requires interaction with security personnel at customer sites, various levels of management, and outside agencies. Position can include up to 10% travel, local and nationwide. Applicant must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills are critical with the ability to verbalize and provide documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences. Applicants must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Monitor, deter, identify, and investigate computer and network intrusions. Ability to research trends and countermeasures in computer/network including vulnerabilities, exploits, and malicious activity. Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with computer network security techniques and best practices. Technical focus on the monitoring and analysis of large, distributed and complex network. Candidate must be able to identify suspicious and malicious activity in a heterogeneous network environment and respond appropriately.
- Research new and evolving threats and vulnerabilities with potential to impact the monitored environment.
- Read and understand network packet capture files.
- Monitoring and analysis of network and IDS information.
- Log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting.
- Identification of suspicious/malicious activities.
- Identification and tracking of malicious code.
- Reporting malicious activity to client locations with recommendations for remediation.
- Review and management of incident resolutions
- Other duties as assigned - Travel up to 10%
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or related technical discipline OR 4 years professional IT experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Three (3) years of technical experience with some security component
- Active Department of Energy (DOE) "Q" Clearance OR Top Secret Security Clearance OR Secret with an SSBI investigation
- US Citizenship required
- Must be willing to work various shifts in a 24x7 environment.
- This position is a day shift position but that may change in the future.
- Strong knowledge of networking - Strong knowledge of common network protocol behavior.
- Strong knowledge of information security principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- One or more years' previous experience in network intrusion analysis is highly desired .
- Experience with network and host-based IDS/IPS.
- Experience with SIM/SIEM technologies.
- The following information security training is highly desired: SANS GSEC, SANS GCIA, SANS GCIH, CEH, OSCP.
- Compliance with 8570 CND-A within six months.