Not Specified years
Posted 336 days ago
Tier 3 Support Engineer for AMAG Technology, a subsidiary of G4S Technology, a leading manufacturer of integrated electronic security management systems for the commercial and government markets. G4S Technology is part of one of the world’s largest security companies.
AMAG’s Tier 3 IP Video/Access Control Technical Support Engineer will resolve complex and unique technological issues involving AMAG software and hardware’s interface with video equipment from various manufacturers and AMAG Access Control systems. The Tier 3 Support Engineer is an expert at bringing resolution to all manners with a high sense of urgency for resolving complex and unique technological issues for our customers. This role demonstrates by the variety of support, the Tier 3 Support Engineer will provide, onsite technical interface for customers, resolution of escalated Tier 2 level calls, support for unique network environments, as well as niche products with technical complexities, and set-up and service issue resolution. The Tier 3 Support Engineer must resolve inquiries and issues utilizing our Footprints system, excellent customer service skills, highly developed problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills, excellent research skills, and a high level of individual discretion to ensure outcome of exceptional customer satisfaction is produced at all times. The Tier 3 Support Engineer will have direct contact with customers to discuss and resolve product-related issues and travel to project sites, when necessary, to inspect and investigate problem installations. This position requires resolution of initial customer product issues, some site travel may be necessary, at a moment’s notice, to customer locations domestically.
The Ideal Candidate:
1. Must possess an Exceptional Customer Service attitude.
2. Bachelor's degree in computer science, specialized computer systems training, or work equivalent.
3. Knowledge of tools of the trade i.e. Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Software utilities, and Microsoft diagnostic software Analyzers.
4. Strong knowledge of SQL and information security disciplines.
5. Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft client and server operating systems, Microsoft Cluster software, NEC Express Cluster, and associated installation, configuration, support and management best practices preferred.
6. Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to execute with a sense of urgency.
9. Provide expertise regarding personal computer hardware and software, network hardware (file server, NIC, cabling), network operating systems (e.g. Windows server 2008, 2003, etc.) and Windows XP and later.
10. Experience in dealing with PC hardware and software manufacturers and dealers and possess the ability to plan and direct the growth and expansion of PC networks, both wide area and local to train new users concerning LAN/WANnetworks.
11. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry certification preferred.
12. Some field service of Access Control / Video systems preferred.
Job Reference: NC120817T3SE