Tier 3 Support Engineer for AMAG Technology, a subsidiary of G4S Technology, a leading manufacturer of integrated electronic security management systems for the commercial and government markets. G4S Technology is part of one of the world’s largest security companies.
AMAG’s Tier 3 IP Video/Access Control Technical Support Engineer will resolve complex and unique technological issues involving AMAG software and hardware’s interface with video equipment from various manufacturers and AMAG Access Control systems. The Tier 3 Support Engineer is an expert at bringing resolution to all manners with a high sense of urgency for resolving complex and unique technological issues for our customers. This role demonstrates by the variety of support, the Tier 3 Support Engineer will provide, onsite technical interface for customers, resolution of escalated Tier 2 level calls, support for unique network environments, as well as niche products with technical complexities, and set-up and service issue resolution. The Tier 3 Support Engineer must resolve inquiries and issues utilizing our Footprints system, excellent customer service skills, highly developed problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills, excellent research skills, and a high level of individual discretion to ensure outcome of exceptional customer satisfaction is produced at all times. The Tier 3 Support Engineer will have direct contact with customers to discuss and resolve product-related issues and travel to project sites, when necessary, to inspect and investigate problem installations. This position requires resolution of initial customer product issues, some site travel may be necessary, at a moment’s notice, to customer locations domestically.
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service at all times.
- Provide support for Symmetry including all strategic 3rd party integrations (Intrusion, Intercom, IP Video).
- Prepare documentation for Tier 3 services rendered. (All requirements are software and hardware support program related)
- Provide Tier 2 level phone support duties when not performing onsite services.
- Take ownership of Tier 2 tickets that aren’t resolved in a timely fashion while working with the original assignee.
- Travel to customer sites as necessary to test, troubleshoot and resolve product problems.
- Prepare technical onsite trip reports for all services rendered when travel has become necessary.
- Work closely with Technical Services, Hardware and Software Engineers to gain competence in the product’s operational characteristics.
- Support other departments in need of Technical Services such as Engineering, Sales staff and development when necessary.
- Develop test fixtures to carry out tasks associated with issues reported in a manner that will simulate the product's intended operating environment.
- Respond positively when under pressure, multi-task and to deal with conflict / crisis (i.e. realize something is important or will quickly become critical) on large-scale products
- Conduct tests on new components, assemblies, and systems, based on written or oral procedures and instructions.
- Support any department in need of technical support such as Engineering, Customer service, Reliability and Maintainability, MIS and Quality engineering as appropriate.
- Maintenance of tech support hardware systems (servers, hubs, switches, routers).
- Installation, upgrade, support of systems hardware and software and server/network problem identification and resolution.
- Maintenance of tech support software systems including Windows Server, Terminal services, Virtual Machines
- Thorough knowledge in IP, DNS, AD and firewall configuration.
- Serve as a senior LAN Administrator to identify, design, implement and plannetwork, hardware and software needs.
- Designnetworks, optimize LAN performance and resolve connectivity issues, including LAN/WAN connectivity issues as needed to technical support hardware.
- Develop and maintain server configuration standards for assigned servers for tech support.
The Ideal Candidate:
1. Must possess an Exceptional Customer Service attitude.
2. Bachelor's degree in computer science, specialized computer systems training, or work equivalent.
3. Knowledge of tools of the trade i.e. Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Software utilities, and Microsoft diagnostic software Analyzers.
4. Strong knowledge of SQL and information security disciplines.
5. Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft client and server operating systems, Microsoft Cluster software, NEC Express Cluster, and associated installation, configuration, support and management best practices preferred.
6. Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to execute with a sense of urgency.
9. Provide expertise regarding personal computer hardware and software, network hardware (file server, NIC, cabling), network operating systems (e.g. Windows server 2008, 2003, etc.) and Windows XP and later.
10. Experience in dealing with PC hardware and software manufacturers and dealers and possess the ability to plan and direct the growth and expansion of PC networks, both wide area and local to train new users concerning LAN/WANnetworks.
11. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry certification preferred.
12. Some field service of Access Control / Video systems preferred.
Job Reference: NC120817T3SE